vi

vi | family reunion

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

❝and i think you should come live withme and we can be piratesthen you won't have to cryor hide in the closet❞

me and we can be pirates
then you won't have to cry
or hide in the closet❞

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

This moment was different than Lyra had expected. Weren't they supposed to do some slow-motion run into each other's arms like in the movies? All her life she's wondered about this moment. Now it was finally here, and it didn't at all feel the way she thought it would.

Aliyah's jaw dropped. "Oh, my God!" she gasped as the other woman – Lyra thinks she remembers seeing the name Nymphadora on the family tree with her portrait burned out – stopped pushing Teddy in the swing, equally as shocked. "She's your sister!"

"You're Lyra?" Nymphadora asked, slowly walking up to her. She tilted her head slightly to the side. "You're a lot shorter than I expected."

"I am not that short!" Lyra gasped as Aliyah laughed. "I'm 5 foot!"

"Yeah, 5 foot nothing, my little Oompa Loompa," Aliyah teased, draping an arm across Lyra's shoulders and playfully ruffling her hair.

"Why don't you two come back to the house with us for hot cocoa? We've got a lot of catching up to do," Andromeda suggested. Lyra and Aliyah exchanged a look and nodded. Nymphadora took Teddy out of the baby swing, carrying him as they left the park.

"So, um..." Lyra rubbed her lips together, unsure of what to say. She looked up at Nymphadora. "You're Nymphadora, right?"

"Yes, but it's Tonks, or I'll kill you," Tonks replied, winking. She chuckled when Lyra stared at her with wide eyes, unaware that she was used to getting real death threats back home. She nudged her gently with her elbow. "It's a joke. You can laugh."

"Are you single?" Aliyah blurted out.

"Aliyah Beatrice Coleman!" Lyra slapped Aliyah's arm with the back of her hand, her face turning red as she looked back to Tonks. "I'm so sorry about her. She's too gay to function."

"At least my love life is functioning. This one hasn't even kissed a boy."

"There are more important things in life." Lyra shrugged. "Dating's never been on my mind."

Aliyah was chatty as they walked to Andromeda's house. She seemed to be more excited about meeting new people from Lyra's family than Lyra was. They were so different from Bellatrix and Lucius. Just like Lyra and Sirius, they seemed to be the humane ones of the family.

They came to a Muggle neighbourhood, and Lyra gasped. "Oh, my God! I know where we are!" She turned to Andromeda. "This is where Sirius grew up. It's the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix!"