Chp 3: Read or Experience

3rd POV

The lower deck gang except for Boimler are in a room repairing some couple things. YN is fixing the shuttle from underneath, Rutherford is in the tubes for repairs, Tendi fixing the bracelet device, and Mariner is just chilling while watching the tablet as she laughs.

Tendi: What you watching?

Mariner: Oh, its this video of Vice Admiral Gibson falling of a stage during peace negotiations.

YN: (Slides out from under the shuttle.) Oh man, I saw that before. It was hilarious when he did it twice.

Mariner: You got to check it out.

Mariner shows Tendi the tablet where the Vice admiral fell down twice which made them laugh until Boimler enters with a smile on his face.

Boimler: Guess which command ensign just scored the best assignment on the ship?

Tendi: Uh, Castro?

Boimler: No, not Castro.

Mariner: Ugh, too bad. She's the best.

Boimler: Castro's overrated. Just because she served on the Enterprise for like one minute-

Tendi: Oh, was it P'jok? That guy can do anything, and what a snack. (Kitty crowl.)

Boimler: No! Its me. I got it! I'm the guy that got it, okay?

YN: So what's the assignment anyway? Going to a cave filled with crystals powers? Fighting a giant worm monster in a cave? Or peace negotiations with the miners in the cave?

Mariner: What is up with you about the caves?

YN: What? Crazy things happen in the caves more than space.

Boimler: No, I'm gonna be piloting General K'orin down to Tulgana 4.

Tendi: (Curious.) K'orin. How do I know that name?

Boimler: Maybe because he's like one of the most decorated, battle-hardened Klingon warriors in history?

Mariner: Or maybe its just 'cause all Klingon names sound the same? Like, they all have an apostrophe for some reason.

Tendi: Yes! That's it.

YN: Its weird, right?

Mariner: You'll get use to it.

Boimler: Well, clearly I'm being rewarded for all the hours I log into the simulator.

Mariner: Your idea of a reward is an escort run? Oh, you have the bar set way too low. What's punishment? Something actually fun? What is wrong with you?