Chp 9: The Farm

3rd POV

After one long rough day, the lower decks can finally get some sleep in their sleeping hallway.

Boimler: (Groan.) Who knew repairing the station grid would involve so much sprinting?

YN: I am so done, just want to sleep through a whole day...

Mariner: (Tired.) No talk, sleep.

Just when they were about to go to sleep, Boimler was interrupted by a dog barking loud and licking Boimlers face.

Boimler: What the- hey, no, no, down!

Tendi: I did it! I updated the dog!

Rutherford: That does that even mean?

Tendi: In medical, they encourage us to do side projects. So I took a bunch of inert carbon and built myself a fluffy friend from scratch. Its suppose to look like a dog. You know, from earth.

The dog runs and plays around which is bothers everyone.

Mariner: Tendi, please get it out of here.

Tendi: Oh, of course. Come here! Come here.

Tendi tries to calm him down, but the dog has too much energy as he runs around.

Tendi: (Chuckles.) She's five percent faster and six percent smarter. You know, I hand edited all six billion sequences. It was really fun!

Boimler: When did you even find time for that?

Tendi: Sometimes when I say that I'm going to the bathroom, I'm really recoding her DNA. This little lady's protein bonds totally accepted the Cas9 snipping without any cellular degradation. (To dog.) Who has malleable protein bonds? You do. Yes you do.

Rutherford: I don't get it. You could've built any lifeform at all and you did this? It just looks like a normal dog.

Tendi: (Smiles.) That's exactly what I was going for! I'll go grab my noted so I can ready you the juicy parts. You're going to love how I reorganized her mitochondria. No spoilers, but (Chuckles.) Its supper funny!

Tendi run off leaving the dog with rest of her friends. YN wasn't paying attention as he snores.

Rutherford: Just to be clear, this is a normal dog and she's messing with us.

Suddenly the dogs head turn back with a crack and emerged itself into a creepy creature.