Chp 12: Unexpected Foe

3rd POV

After Boimler accidentally exposed Mariner and Freeman related, the entire crew has been treating Mariner better respect. However, Mariner didn't seem to like it ever since. Right now, Tendi, Rutherford, and YN are at the hangar of the ship to meet the new recruits that are being transported to Cerritos.

Tendi: Ah! I can't believe I get to be orientation liaison for a new recruit. I'm going to show her so many ropes!

YN: I don't get it, why do I need to be tag along with you guys?

Tendi: Uh so you can meet the new recruit. Duh!

YN: I still think it'd be easier to get to know her in lunch. Back me up, Rutherford. Rutherford?

They both see Rutherford is playing with his cybernetic head side until Tendi interrupted him.

Tendi: Hello, Rutherford?

Rutherford: Sorry, guys. Just trying to adjust this little thingy on my implants attitude selector. Crazy about mariner and the captain, right? Oh, man, captain Freeman day is gonna be super awkward this year.

YN: Definitely not gonna be the same. No wonder she always does what she want in the Cerritos.

Tendi: (Excited.) Ah! There's the shuttle!

They see the shuttle coming in the hanger while Rutherford accidentally pull out a piece of his cybernetic, but reveals a button underneath it.

Rutherford: Huh, look at this new button.

YN: Wonder what does it do.

Rutherford: One way to find out.

When he push the button, his behavior changed.

Rutherford: Optimistic mode? This is going to be great! (Push again.) Sexy mode? Mmm, don't mind if I do.

YN: Interesting. It seem that your cybernetic can change your behavior reactions when every time you push that button.

Rutherford: I wonder what else I got.

YN: (Scoff.) I wonder if there's instructions on that.

While Rutherford is figuring out what else his implant has, the shuttle landed on the hanger as the new recruits exited until the last one revealing a small floating robot with a feminine voice.

Exocomp: Wow, its beautiful!

Tendi: (Smiles.) Ah, there she is!

YN: The little robot exocomp?