8. Without Me

Taehyung's POV

Damn! What actually happened to me all of a sudden? Why don't I even feel like watching Ara?

Why am I keeping on thinking about this bunny in disguise? Why do I feel like staring at his eyes? Why do I suddenly feel like they are brighter than Ara's?

"What are you looking at? Is my hair alright?" A worried frown takes over his features.

"Yeah..you look fine," I say and tilt my face, looking at the faraway green hills.

What the heck is wrong with me?!

"Hyung.." he whispers.

"Hmm.." I turn my head back to look at him.

"Look, your crush is holding hands with that guy."

"Who? Which guy?" I say and look in front to see Ara and Park Do Hyeok holding hands.

"How dare he!"

"Shh..quiet!" The bunny beside me giggles. I look at him to take in the joyous sight of deep dimples forming on his cheeks.

"C'mon, I need your help now!" I grab his hand and start walking briskly to catch up with Ara.

"Wait! Wait! Taehyung, I'm not prepared!" He whispers.

"You don't need to be prepared," I whisper back.

"But...why are you taking your jealousy upon me?"

"What? I'm not.."

"Then stop squeezing my hands," he says trying to free his hands. It's then I realise, I was gripping his wrist a bit too tightly.

"I'm sorry," I say, loosening my hold.

"Okay.." he mumbles and I don't fail to notice a pout forming and disappearing on his lips. Gosh! Why is he so cute?

"Wow! You guys already got along so well!"

Somebody says and I tilt my face to see Sang Tae and Min Hyuk pointedly laughing at us.

"Are you guys dating? I thought you liked Ara," Min Hyuk says.

"Guys, we're just friends, okay?" I roll my eyes at Min Hyuk.

"Oh! But Taehyung, you haven't left her hands free since the moment we started from Blue Hills," Sang Tae chuckles, pointing at our hands.

I leave a sigh and shake my head before quickly dragging Jungkook along with me. He was looking a bit nervous and uncomfortable now. "It's okay, just ignore them," I tell him and he briefly nods to me.

Mr Park stops us on track just as we are about to reach Ara. "Everyone listen..," he clears his throat. "We are soon going to encounter a wild creek with slippery rocks. You should be very cautious there. Don't slip and fall. You see, we can't afford to take you to a hospital right now. So, just be very careful.."

Just as we are about to walk again, Ara turns her face and looks at me. She glances at my and Jungkook's intertwined fingers for a second and then walks away like she doesn't care. Do Hyeok was now walking with another girl. So, I leave Jungkook's hands and quickly catch up with Ara.

"Hey!" I say.

"Hi," she responds.

"Uhm..had a good sleep?"

"Yeah, what about you?"

"Oh yes! I slept well," I smile. "C'mon, let's hold hands. It's dangerous here."

"Oh..yeah..okay.." she nods and stretches her hands, although a bit hesitant. The creek had already appeared. It was too narrow are there wasn't that much water. Just a lot of small and big rocks ahead.