12. I'm out!

Jungkook's POV

Looking at the eastern skies, I stand quietly, overcome by a kind of tranquil sereneness. Atop the hills, facing the eastern skies, a pale gold light emerges first. Slowly the orange and yellow bright ball begins to appear. It rises higher and higher, very slowly, leading to a party of colours. The whole sight feels like the spell of a new hope.

Beneath the hills and a couple of meters away from us, looking fresh yet foggy under the morning skies lies a vast low-lying pasture where a herd of elks are scattering in all directions, along with the spreading light.

As the colours in the sky become more and more vibrant, I find myself in a soothing state of mind, excited to start the day. The sound of the birds chirping and the gentle breeze coming off the hills gives me goosebumps all over my body. One thing I realise, this camp has given me the opportunity to see and appreciate how wonderful nature is.

"Hey!"

I turn around to see Rowoon smiling at me.

"You look overwhelmed! First time watching a sunrise?"

"Yeah.." I nod to him.

"By the way, why isn't your mate with you today?" He asks.

"You mean Tae hy...er..Taehyung?"

"Yeah, he was with you yesterday the whole time. I thought you were inseparable."

"He might be getting to know the others," I say looking at Tae hyung who was standing with Ara and a few others, a little away from us.

For some reason, Taehyungie hyung didn't walk with me here. I walked along with the girls who were sharing the tent with me yesterday. I'm not complaining, cause he gave me company the whole night. We both sat outside my tent and slept together under his blanket, until 5. When he woke me up, I was resting my head on his shoulder. Probably I slept like that the whole night and his shoulder might be hurting now.

"Do you like him?" Rowoon suddenly asks, taking me aback. Surprise probably was visible on my face because then he says, "Sorry, I was just curious if there's something going on between you two."

"No, there's nothing like that. We just met yesterday," I reply.

"So, you don't like him?" He asks again.

"No," I shake my head. "He is like a brother."

"Okay.." he lets out a laugh and averts his eyes to the grazing elks.

I knew people might think something was going on between us. I mean we both were together the whole day. Embarrassingly enough, for a little while, even I wondered if Tae hyung got feelings for me or something, especially because of that song he played on guitar yesterday. But it was all cleared after he came to me at night. He treated me like he would treat a younger brother. I'm sure he only sees me as a little brother. That's why he keeps calling me bunny. He is just too sweet. I just don't get why Ara doesn't want to date him.

After enjoying the scenery and breeze for some time, we decide to leave. Mr Park leads us back to our tent ground where we'll be served our breakfast. After that, we'll freshen up and then we'll be attending a class by a famous artist called Nam Do San on oil painting. He'll arrive by 9.

Rowoon walks along with me the whole way back to the campground, pointing me at birds and squirrels and monkeys sitting on the branches of trees. But this time I don't let him hold my hand like yesterday. Taehyungie hyung was too busy talking to Ara and trying to impress her that he didn't even turn around once to check if I was still there.

We all sit around in a big circle to have breakfast at the same place where we yesterday had the night fire and party. Rowoon sits beside me with his plate and starts munching on his Kimchi eggs whilst talking to me about the artist who'll be taking class for us. I don't speak much and just listen to him. And then all of a sudden he stares at my face and laughs.

"What? I got something on my face?" I ask, feeling a bit nervous. I hope my hair is alright.

"You got something on your chin.." he laughs.

"Oh.." I quickly wipe my chin and proceed to eat again. But then suddenly he stretches forward and touches my lips. I pull back, surprised.

"Er..there were crumbs on your lips."

What's wrong with having crumbs on your lips while eating?! Gosh! Is he trying to hit on me now?

"Your lips are gorgeous!"

My jaw almost drops open at that. A hiccup follows and soon another.

"Oh! What happened?" He says and stretches his hands to pat my head. I quickly dodge his hand, moving sideways. "Hey! What's wrong? Stay still!" He places his hand on my shoulder, almost pressing me down. Then he succeeds in raising his hand and patting my head while more hiccups erupt from my throat.

"Here, drink this," he says and hands me his bottle of milkshake. Mine was still unopened. So, I nod to him and grab it from his hands. When I'm about to take a sip of that drink, a hand suddenly wraps around my wrist and the next instant I'm firmly pulled up from the ground. The milkshake bottle slips from my hand and its contents splash all over the ground.

"Tae hyung!" I utter in surprise. He looks angry, really angry!

"C'mon! I need to talk to you!" He says.

Rowoon suddenly clutches my other hand. "Leave her! She is eating!"

"This is more important!" Taehyung sneers and smacks Rowoon's hands, simultaneously pulling me towards him, instantly removing Rowoon's grip on me. Then he swiftly drags me away while a shocked Rowoon utters curses behind us.

"What are you doing, hyung? What's wrong with you?" I mutter, trying to squirm my hands out of his tight grip.

"Just come with me!" he says and keeps dragging me further away from the campground. Finally, he leaves my hand as we reach a big tree.

"What!" I snap at him, feeling angry and confused.

"Jungkookah, what was happening there?! Do you have any idea what big trouble you were dragging yourself into? He was patting your hair! Your fake hair!"

"Oh!"

"And he was touching your lips! He was so close to your face! God! Why were you letting him touch your lips?" He snarls and brushes his hair backwards in exasperation.

"I- I tried to.."

"Didn't you already figure it out? He has been trying to hit on you since yesterday morning! Why were you again walking with him today? Don't you know how risky this is?"

"Yeah! But why are you getting this mad?" I ask in bewilderment.

"What if you are caught red-handed? You'll be.."

"Yes, I'll be punished, fined and dismissed," I say cutting him off. "But you aren't going to face any trouble. Why are you simply getting anxious?"

"Because..." he rubs his face in irritation. "Because they'll know I was helping you and I'll also be punished!"

"No! That won't happen!" I shake my head firmly. "Don't worry, you won't be in trouble, Taehyung. I assure you."

He keeps staring at my face for a few seconds and then lets out a heavy sigh, muttering something.

"I think you'll be the one letting everyone know if you behave like this," I mumble, leaving a sigh.

He looks up and frowns at me "What? Now suddenly you became courageous? You were literally crying and begging me last day, asking me not to tell anyone."

"I'm grateful you didn't tell anyone. But you don't need to worry so much about me and try to protect me and always stay beside me. You should just enjoy the camp."

"Okay!!" He snarls. "So, I bother you, hmm? Very well, I'll just ignore you and already forget you exist. That's what you want, right? Okay, I'm out!" He says and turns around, swiftly walking away.

"Tae hyung, wait! Hyung! That's not.." I almost shout but then quickly pause on realising I'm shouting in my real voice.

What just happened? Is he really mad at me?