27. Best Friend

Jungkook's POV

"Are you feeling any better now?" Tae hyung asks me with concern, sitting beside me and gently brushing his fingers through my hair. I nod to him, and he slowly withdraws his hand after removing a few of my locks from my forehead. Then he adjusts the pillow under my head and pulls my blanket up a bit more.

"Go to sleep. You'll feel better," he says and gently pats my cheek as I stare at him. He hasn't said anything about the kiss yet. Maybe it's normal for him to kiss people like that. But it's not normal for me. And I don't know what to expect from him next!

"Are you leaving?" I ask him.

"No, I'm only leaving after feeding you lunch. Don't worry, I'll be here when you wake up," he says.

I look at him confused. "Why'd you do that?"

"Because I want to take care of you?" He says.

"So, are you planning to come again soon?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'll come tomorrow morning," he replies nonchalantly. I couldn't help but frown at him in surprise. "Why? You don't want me to come?" He asks.

I leave a sigh and raise my head from the pillow, proceeding to sit up. "What are you doing? Lie down," he says, trying to gently push me back to the bed.

"No, I need to talk to you," I say and lean my back against the headboard. "And yeah, I don't want you to come again tomorrow."

"Why?" He frowns.

"Because I just don't want you to come!" I say. "And I don't want you to do that to me again."

"What? The kiss??" He asks, suddenly looking agitated. "Why? I thought you liked it."

"I know I started it. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have kissed you. But.."

"Don't blame yourself!" He shrieks. "And but what?"

"See, hyung.." I say and take in a deep breath. "Okay, I'll tell you directly."

"Yeah..." he nods.

Ah..this is embarrassing, but I really need to make things clear with him. Yeah, I need to say it!

"I think I got feelings for you!"

He smiles at me as I finish my sentence. Wait! Why is he smiling instead of panicking?

"I'm not like you, hyung!" I almost squeal as he opens his mouth to say something. "I can't easily forget things and move on."

His mouth drops open and he blinks his eyes as if surprised. "Who said you should move on?"

"What?" I utter in shock. "What do you mean? You aren't planning to date me and then stay with me forever, are you?"

"Listen.." he says in a serious tone. "I like you, Jeon Jungkook. And I'd like to date you."

"What?!" I cough out in horror. "No! That's not possible!" I say in between coughs.

"Why?" He asks me as I cough and shake my head vigorously, feeling totally astounded. How can he ask me out like this all of a sudden? What is wrong with him?

"Relax, bunny," he says holding a glass of water in front of my mouth. "Here, drink this." I take a sip and let out another cough. "Shh..calm down!" He pats on my head, placing the glass aside.

"I can't date you!" I say once I stop coughing. "I think you should leave now. And please don't come again!"

"Why? You said you like me. And I like you so much. I mean it, Jungkook," he says in a sincere tone, his expression revealing hurt and worry.

"Taehyung, it's not possible. So, let's not make this any big. You should..."

"Wait!" He cuts me off, suddenly cupping my face with his both hands. "You need to know this, I really like you, Jungkookie," he says staring into my eyes. "I'm crazy over you. You know, the last two weeks, I never stopped thinking about you."

I stare back into his attractive deep brown eyes. They almost make me dazed. Really? He was feeling the same way as me?

"Jungkookie, I know you think I'm a playboy. Yeah, I've dated many girls in the past. None of them lasted long. But it's not the same in your case. Trust me, I've never felt this way towards anyone. I couldn't even sleep properly for the last two weeks. You know, I read all of your comics. Double Trouble, Aloof Beauty, Stuck with the Bully, Broken Strings, Fireflies, Rainy Days, I read them all. And I was waiting for your manga release. I didn't go to the bookshop today to buy any books, I went there to check up on you. Bunny, I'm literally obsessed with you. If you're mine, I don't think I'll ever be able to take you off of my mind for a minute, let alone think about leaving you."

He finally pauses and lets out a sigh while I stare at his face in complete awe. Is this a dream or what? This can't be happening, right?

He pats on my cheek. "Jungkookie..."

"Fuck! This can't be happening!"

"Don't curse with that cute mouth of yours!" He places his palm over my mouth.

"Oh God! This is crazy!" I squeal grabbing his wrist and removing his palm from over my lips, starting to cough. "I-I shouldn't have.....kissed you!" I say in between coughs.

"Do you truly regret kissing me?" He asks, patting my head.

"Yes!" I shriek, jerking away my face, getting rid of his hands. "This is absolutely ridiculous! Look, I'm so sorry for kissing you but I did it thinking it'd be a one-time thing. I really can't be with you!"

He looks down, lets out a sigh and then rubs his face with his both palms. "It's because of your family, right?" He asks brushing his hair backwards.

"Yes, it's one major reason. My father won't approve of me dating a guy. If somebody knows, I can't even imagine what'll happen next," I voice my worry. This family tortured and almost killed my mother for being poor and not having a father. They won't hesitate to threaten or even beat up Tae hyung if they come to know something is going on between us. My situation won't be any better. They might either disown me or lock me up.

"We shall not let them know," he says.

"They'll find out!  It's not possible, Taehyung! You should forget it. And I don't like you that much. Please leave now," I cough out, my chest and head hurting. I sniffle and let out a sob, rubbing my forehead with my left hand.

"Shh..okay, relax," he says. "Let's just be friends."

"We can't be!" I cover my eyes with my palm, feeling tears build up in them. But then another sob involuntary leave my mouth.

"Hey, calm down, don't cry," he says and suddenly pulls me to his chest, patting my back. "If you start crying again, your cough will get worse. So, don't cry, bunny," he whispers in my ear.

"We can't be like this," I cry and sniffle on his shoulder.

"Shh..it's alright. We can just be friends."

"This is not something friends do!" I sob.

"It is," he whispers and moves his arm up my back, running his fingers through my hair. "Friends comfort each other. I'll be your best friend from now on."

My heart skips a beat at his words. And I can't help but sob and wail like a child on his shoulder, letting my tears and snot wet his shirt.