𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Chapter Nineteen

" nothing changed, but everything was different now"

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

Tallulla walked from her apartment to the Club.

It had been months since she had walked this route. It felt like years. She had a vague memory of talking to Rebecca the night of the game they had lost resurface.

"I think I'm quitting."

The words had echoed in the room blankly. Rebecca's eyes grew to the size of saucers before the woman sprang up from her chair, "What happened Tallulla?" The blonde gestured for her to take a seat at the desk. Tallulla did so stiffly, no matter what Rebecca was going to say, she was sure of her decision.

"Nothing happened Rebecca."

Rebecca gave the girl a very exasperated look, "Something must have happened to make my head photographer want to quit her job, the job I know for a fact that she loves."

"I used to love it... now I just feel... lost." Tallulla spoke; the blonde could see in the younger girl's eyes that she wasn't there in the room. She was off in her mind, being somewhere other than this conversation.

"Tallulla, you love this team." Rebecca tried to reason.

Tallulla smiled faintly, "Yes. I do, but if I'm going to be here Rebecca, I want to be the best person I can be, and right now Rebecca... I don't feel anything."

Rebecca looked at the girl, the red head had tears pooling in her eyes. The taller woman swiftly moved around the desk and wrapped the other in a hug. The younger sobbed into the shoulder of the woman. Rebecca held the girl closely and shushed her in a comforting manner. "Tallulla, you can leave... but don't quit." Rebecca told her, "Come back... once you have found yourself again."

She moved the girl at arm's length, Tallulla thought about it before nodding. Rebecca then moved back to hold the girl again.

Tallulla wasn't sure if she had found herself. But she was definitely more stable; she was happier now, that was for sure. Still, it felt off to be going back to the club. She arrived at the lobby; the mood was off. Nothing had changed, but everything was different now.

She carefully moved past the locker room without getting seen by any players; she might be back but she wasn't ready to see anyone other than Rebecca, really. The blue-eyed girl made her way upstairs, only stopping once she reached the outside of the door of her boss's office. She hesitated for a moment, smoothing out her outfit and trying to make herself feel confident.