𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝘄𝗼

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Chapter Thirty Two

" everything is going to be alright. "

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

There was a knock on Tallulah's door.

"Come in."

The morning had been rainy, storming with thundering rain pounding on the roof above. There was an odd tension between Jamie and Tallulah, mainly just coming from Jamie. He had been quiet, acting in an unusual behavior since the team had been training for the Man City Match. Tallulah knew that it was his team since childhood.

Speaking of the raven-haired man, he walked into her office taking the usual spot in the chair by her desk and propping his feet on the edge of her desk. Tallulah rolled her eyes at the man's actions but nevertheless gave him a look full of love and admiration at the twenty-three-year-old. Tallulah looked at him as if he were the only man in the world.

Jamie, however, looked down, not wanting to look the girl in the eyes. His fingers fumbled together, making it seem like something was eating him up inside.

"What's wrong, Jamie?" She pushed away from the computer, setting her head in her hand and giving Jamie her full attention.

Jamie sighed, his eyes moving to look at different spots on the ground as if trying to find the words to say in the tile on the ground. There was another tense silence that continued before Jamie broke it, "My dad keeps trying to call me and he keeps texting me to get him tickets to the game tomorrow. I've been putting it off all week because..." He trailed off not knowing how to say his father's impact on him.

"Cause he's a prick?"

Tallulah knew about Jamie's dad from the last game of the season when they had shared their 'first' kiss. The kiss that was a feel-better kiss, not an I love you kiss. The kiss to help mend a broken Jamie, a Jamie broken by his father.

Jamie nodded his head in a slow and sluggish manner, not wanting to admit to the fault in his family. The green-eyed man was embarrassed, that much was obvious. He was embarrassed that Tallulah had seen him in his weakest moments. Seen his father yelling at him just as the older man did when he was a child. It made him feel like a child, small, frail, defenseless. Jamie hated that he still had that much control over him, that his father could still make him feel like nothing.

Tallulah hated it too, because she knew Jamie wasn't nothing. He was her everything. She moved around her desk and took the seat opposite Jamie, grabbing both of his hands in hers much like he did only days ago. "Jamie," she started giving him a knowing look.