𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Chapter Fourty Four

" she never said it back "

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

Week Six

"Okay, so, how was your last week?" Sharon's voice crackled over the phone's scratchy speaker.

"It was good," Tallulah stated, settling into her spot on the couch and scrolling through the numerous movie options for after her call.

"Really, just good?" Sharon's voice carried an accusatory tone.

"I mean, we won the last match, Zava obviously. I keep wondering if he's really better for the team or not because he's a great player, don't get me wrong, but is he making everyone better or just improving the score, you know? Anyway, because of the win, Sam invited all of us to go to his restaurant later. I still don't know if I'm going to go though, Jamie and all."

"Tallulah, how come you never talk about yourself on these calls?" Sharon asked suddenly, cutting off the girl's tangent about the outing later.

"What are you talking about? I talk about myself. Last week I—"

"Last week you didn't show up to our meeting," Sharon cut her off again. There was an awkward silence shared between the two before Tallulah spoke up.

"I talk about myself," she said but offered no evidence to support the point.

Sharon rolled her eyes at the comment, thankful once again that they were just on audio. "You talk, yes, but you don't talk about yourself. You talk about Jamie, and you talk about the team, but you don't talk about yourself. There is still so much I don't understand about you, Tallulah."

"Well, what do you want to know?"

"I want to know the real reason you left Richmond. You were still so on the fence the last time we talked about it. What happened to make you change your mind? There must have been something significant."

Tallulah's breathing hitched at the thought of the true reason she made that decision. Her mind had been so foggy from the interaction; it was as if her soul, her heart, was floating above, watching her make the decisions after the conversation with that man.

"Nate."

"What?"

"Nate made me change my mind."

There was a beat of silence as if Sharon was encouraging her to continue. Tallulah took a deep breath, setting the remote down next to her. She couldn't focus on movies right now; her mind was consumed by memories. Well, a memory.