Chapter six

—————————

Saturday. That's is the day my life ends... just kidding. But it is a low point of my life including the fact that THE CAMERONS are having dinner today at my house. With me. With my whole family. And don't get me wrong I love Wheezie and Rose. Ward is nice to me. I think he treats me kind of like his own. Maybe not now tho cuz that would be weird. But back when I lived here, before we all left for NY, I spent every day at the Cameron's house. Like every single day. Me and Sarah used to play family and we made Rafe to be our butler and Jacob - my brother - to be our maid. They didn't like it but they always wanted to play with us. They found us really annoying always but I think deep down they knew that we are so cool and we know how to have fun.

Ward was always nice to me because of the fact that I was always with Sarah. He wanted her to clean the kitchen? I was there. He wanted her to help with something? Well I'm helping too. He wanted her to clean the boat? Two for you or nothing bro. So at some point he started to ask me to do something and her to do something else. Lucky guy got two people do his job for free.

But there is Rafe. He was nice at first but now he is starting to get all weird. Like all the things Sarah said about him are becoming kinda true. He's not abusive and all, he just acts weird and shitty to me. And I'm obviously not telling you the whole story cause that would take forever but for example three days ago he made fun of me in front of his friends. Or a week ago he wouldn't let me out of his dad's office but you already know that. And today. I really tried to get out of this mess but my mom keeps forcing me to stay at the dinner. Every damn time I try to get out of this.

-mom please, I don't want to stay. And I can't, I'm meeting the pogues tonight. - I said to my mom while she was setting the table

-Sophie honey we talked about this. Now help me get the table ready. Bring me the napkins

-mom but you don't listen - I kept going while handling my mom the napkins

-okay let's make a deal cause I think you won't let this go

-I won't - my smile started appearing

-you will eat the dinner with all of us, talk and show how you appreciate the time and after... let's say three hours, you may go

-THREE HOURS?! How am I supposed to survive that

-well, you'll have to find a way

-can't it be two at most?

-three or you're not going. Don't force me to change my mind

-but mooom - I started pushing

-one more word and you are staying for the whole night

-UGHHH! Fine

-and you are taking Rafe with you.

I could not believe what I just heard

-what?!!!

-talk is over - she turned to the kitchen

-mom there's no way I'm bringing Rafe to the pogues. They hate each other

-I don't care. You wanna go? You take him.

-ain't no way - I laughed annoyed

-then you're not going

What the fuck? I was so pissed. Why is she like that? I'll just need to find a way of getting out unnoticed. This should be easy right?

—————————

I started getting ready for the dinner. I curled my hair, did my makeup and sprayed my favourite perfume. Put on the nicest long black backless dress and high heels. I put on the nicest dior red lipstick. I looked so classy. I started putting on earrings and some jewellery when I heard them downstairs.