Chapter eight

—————

It's been a few days since that incident with Rafe. I try to not think about it to not disturb my peace but sometimes it just bombs my head. I haven't seen him also since that time. Dunno what happened. Anyways I'm meeting my friends in few hours. We are going on a little boat trip. We will sail it to some peaceful place on the ocean and then we'll have a little picnic on it. Im so excited. I packed all the stuff i was going to need and some snacks and began to drive away.

I parked in the driveway of John B'a house and went to the back of it with all my stuff. I saw all the pogues already there packing up the boat with all the stuff.

-hey guys - I shouted towards them

-hey Sophie! How u been - JJ answered me

-good. You guys need any help? - I said while putting my stuff on the boat.

-I think we have everything. Jump on - pope said

I quickly jumped on the boat and all of them went after me. We sat on it and pope began to swim it. We didn't go far. Pope parked the boat far from the land. We put out all the food and drinks that we brought and began to eat. We were super hungry so it felt so good to finally eat something.

-okay, enough of this. - Kie said - who wanna go swimming?

-count me in girl - I smiled at her and stood up. I took my top and shorts off and from that moment I was only in my two piece navy swimsuit.

-dayum girl - JJ laughed

-stop! - I laughed and hit his arm

-that hurt! - he laughed while rubbing his shoulder

I laughed at him and dived to the water from the boat. Kie was right after me.

-you comin' Sarah? - I asked

-you know what? Why not - she said and took her clothes off what left her only in her two piece. She jumped right towards.

We swam for a bit. Later the boys joined us and we just chilled in the ocean for a bit. After that all of us got back on the boat. I dried myself in a towel like everybody else. JJ handed me a beer and we kept talking like nothing was holding us back.

The sun was going down as we saw a speed boat going right at us. White and dark red. Some people on it. It was starting to slow down while getting closer.

-who is that? - Pope asked while trying to focus on the speed boat

-oh I think I know - John B said not very pleased

-what you mean? - I asked and then went on the edge of our boat and put my hands on its railing

The boat started getting closer and closer when I finally noticed. Three people. Really tall guy, buzz cut, fancy dressed while holding his arm around some blond girl. Rafe, Topper who was driving the boat and a girl who I had no idea about. My heart dropped. I kept staring at them while they finally got next to us.

-Yo pogues! You ain't sinkin already in that boat? HAHAHA - topper said insulting us - Yo Sophia! How u been

-fuck you Top! - John B shouted towards him

-good - I cut the convo short

-damn tough crowd! See ya around losers!

All the time they were next to us me and Rafe kept looking at each other. Like some rope was holding our sights. No words. I looked at the girl, then at him. He knew right away that I was super confused and maybe even mad. I don't know if I had the reason to be mad tho. Nothing was between us. We kept looking at each other and then Topper began to drive away. The pogues noticed me and him looking at one another. They kept looking at me while I was staring blankly into the ocean. Then I stepped away from the railing and grabbed myself a beer. I opened it and then looked at them. All eyes at me at the same time.