Chapter 2

I am still processing what I just read me, a private chef, LIVING IN A MANSION this is everything I could've asked for and more. I cannot physically contain myself I want to scream out the window I am running around my 1 bedroom apartment yet I cant cool off then it kicked in I have to move to the US leaving everything here my life my family, everything and move to New York to the middle of bunch of stupidly rich people.

 I emailed back to professor Martinez to inform him that I would love to take the job offer and that I would be seeing him on monday. Guess today wasn't my last time going to school.

Monday 8.30am
I got up and took a quick shower and put on a pair of shorts and a fitted t-shirt didn't worry about breakfast much since I got a bakery that I probably ate at more than my own home. I got out of the house and picked up a sandwich on my way to school. Everything was automatic at this point from me scanning my metrocard to checking the arrival time of the train without even thinking about it I got on the familiar metro and traveled for 20 minutes after getting off I walked up the steep hill toward my school that I counted as my workout of the day. 

As I arrived I remembered I no longer had a student ID to scan so I told the security guard that I came to see Mr. Martinez and security recognized me so he opened the door. I walked the very familiar halls to the kitchen that was also the teachers room I knocked on the door and waited till I heard a faint "come in" so I opened the door and was welcomed with the familiar sound of the fridges buzzing and the chilly environment of the kitchen I saw professor leaning on to the counter that had a few meal prepped ingredients on it. He looked up at me and smiled warmly. He pointed to the aprons hanging at the wall and there was only one so I grabbed it as I turned around to wear it I saw a black embroidery on the left front side of it

Chef Lily Oliver

It was hard to believe it for a second I ran my fingers on my name and a smile spread through my face I carefully put it on and buttoned the top up and looked at my teachers proud face he opened his arms and I went in for a hug he smelled like kitchen and freezers as we seperated I looked at him and said

—Thank you very much I really don't know what to say  this is everything I could've imagined

As I said that we both knew I wasn't just talking about the apron. He gave me a slight nod and sat at one of the stools and I sat on the other one as he started talking

—I saw your mail on the job offer and I'm really delighted on your behalf it was the right move to make indeed. I talked with the family they want to fly you out for the dinner they will be hosting on wednesday in their house and if they are delighted with your work they are more than happy to accept and accommodate you in their home

It was still hard to process but I nodded and got up from the stool as a messge came to my phone from a US coded number 

Your planes is 23.00 monday I will pick you up from the airport

House manager -Catherine Black 

I looked at the ticket and the airport was a 30 minutes drive from my house and I checked the time on my phone 12.30 to be there 3 hours early (a habit I inherited from my parents) I need to be there at eight meaning I need to get out of the house at seven calculating the traffic so I have a little over six hours to pack a bag to cook in a mansion I hugged professor goodbye and rushed out of the building heading home in 30 minutes.

 I have six hours I pulled my suitcase out and started picking out clothes first I set aside a tracksuit for the plane ride of 8 hours at least I got a window ticket so I can sleep a little I checked the weather in New York it was looking pretty warm with 25 degrees celcius so I packed a few baggy T-shirts some shorts and jeans and a pair of pjamas I grabbed my makeup bag and shoved it in there hoping nothing spills tucked in a hair straightener in the waterproof part of it I closed my suitcase and got a backpack I put in a book my tablet, chargers and a few essentials I will be needing on the plane I looked at the time 6.40pm great. I checked If I had gotten everything  took one last glance at the house tuned off electricity and gas, grabbed my keys and got out. I locked the apartment.

''Here goes nothing''

I got out of the building and hopped on the airplane bus that has a stop couple of blocks away paid the fee and sat in a windowside seat, started watching the road pass by as I was thinking about my life and the big turn it took I wanted to find out whom I will be working for I googled the surname ''Madrin'' since that is the only thing I knew about them.

Alexander Madrin

Owner of Madrin Holding

Alexander Madrin is the owner of the world-renowned Madrin Holding and a wealthy businessman with his known net worth being well over 500 Million Dollars. The 54 year-old businessman is living luxuriously on a beachside mansion in the hamptons with his family and staff  tap to learn more about the Madrin Family

I didn't think much before clicking the link and scrolling to the family members' lives

Kristine Collard-Madrin

Ex-model turned trophy wife Kristine Collard-Madrin is a known face for everybody in the fashion industry being the 3rd and youngest heir of Collard family she decided to make a name for herself and walked many runways back in her 20's from angel wings to modest fashion she could be found in any fashion magazine or billboard. After her retiring from the industry because of her pregnancy with now 23 year  old Oscar Madrin (couples only child) she didn't return to the runway. Ex-model is now known to be spending her days in the country club playing golf with her friends and enjoying life without the pressure of keeping her body in shape for the runway and magazine covers.

My eyebrows raised automatically with what I just read and scrolled to the next article about the families only child

Oscar Madrin

With his heart-burningly good looks Oscar surely takes after his mother. 23-year old is the only child of the Madrin family making him the direct heir to the business empire his dad had built. Most people are concerned about it since the young hotshot can be seen at every single party the upper east side hosts with a new model decorating his arm. While also finishing his school with a business major Oscar seems to have absolute no interest in taking up his fathers spot with making no appearances on the pr events nor the meetings the company holds. With a well known active lifestyle he leaves a question mark in everyones heads ''How long till the company goes down after Alexander leaves''  

What do you think will happen to the dominating business that Alexander created with his own hands? Will their runner-ups destroy them due to lack of management or will Oscar show if the takes his intelligence after his father.

I put my phone down as the driver said we are almost there a complicated family they have for sure. Lets hope their taste buds aren't as different as their personalities.