Chapter 6

Lily

Its the big day the one that will make or break my career. I woke up at 8am to start preparing the food. As I got done I plated them and put them under the section of the oven to keep them warm as I was done with everything I started on the table arrangement making sure everything is in its place twice. As the clock hit 2pm guests started coming and the already dolled up Mrs. Madrin greeted them and made their way to the living room to wait for everyone. I put the meals on the table and got a few looks that turned to me because of the delicious smelling food as the last guest arrived Mrs. Madrin lead them to the table. As they started eating I was watching them without them seeing me from the kitchen I was especially eyeing the asian guest since I can't say Im the strongest in far east cuisines. They were all smiling and chatting and nothing seemed to be off I sighed in relief as I heard Mrs. Madrins voice.

''Lily come here please''

I went near them and stood with a smile crossing my fingers behind my back.

''How'd you find the food?'' I asked

''It was lovely you really are a young talent'' Someone said 

''Alexandra I still don't know how you landed her''

''Would you like to work at my house I'll pay you twice''

My smile widened as the compliments rolled in. Mrs. Madrin nodded and sent me back to the kitchen. In there I did a mini happy dance with just my feet. After a few more hours of serving them the guests left and I let out a big sigh. Mrs. Madrin looked at me with proud eyes and walked towards me holding me from my shoulders she gave me a slight hug.

''You have no idea how relieved and proud I am Im sure Martinez will also be''

''Thank you so much ma'am''

''Do you know who were you serving the asian cuisine for?''

''No ma'am'' 

''She is the wife of one of our biggest business partners Im sure it will make an impact on our company and Im sure it will affect you in a very good way''

She said that last part while giving me a wink.

''If you are up for it I would love to offer you the job as this houses full time chef''

''I would love to ma'am''

''Its settled then I will get my lawyer to draw up a contract for you. You can start as of next monday. You have 5 days to get all your necessities here. Catherine will take care of your transportation.''

''Thank you I can't express how happy I am''

She left with a smile and I went up to my room to pack my bags as Catherine called me 

'' I booked your plane its at 1am call me when you are ready and I'll drop you off.

I checked the time 8.30 and the airport is about a 1 hour drive to here so Cath can pick me up at 10 and we will be chill. I started packing up and closing my bags taking a glance at the room that will be mine for god knows how long. A smile spreads on my face. by the time Im fully set to leave its already 9.30 I get my suitcase in front of the door and picked up my phone to call Cath.

''Already resigning masterchef?''

My head turned to the direction of the familiar voice. Oscar. He made his way down the staircase and stopped right in front of me his cologne invading every single part of my brain. He wore a black shirt with the top two buttons undone revealing the start of his defined chest. He wore casual black jeans that was probably tailor made for him to suit him this well. And his messy dark hair was everywhere. His hair. His unruly wavy hair. Wonder if they are soft. I quickly shook the thoughts out of my head. As I looked up at him