~ 23 ~

¸„.-•~¹°"ˆ˜¨ 𝒥𝒶𝒹𝑒'𝓈 𝒫𝑜𝓋 ¨˜ˆ"°¹~•-.„¸

Watching the way that the light from the flame reflected on the silver blade and defined every small detail that was ingrained into it was a mesmerising sight. I zoned completely out while watching the hypnotising sight and the battle of thoughts carried on inside my head, a swell of both good and bad. Like a battle between day and night, a war between black and white, a match that may seem perfectly misaligned in the eyes of the winner, and yet unfair in the eyes of the other. Day and night meet at the heat of battle when they come into action with one and other and cast a glow of stunning lights that flood an area In colour. Colours that resemble those that dance in the edges of the serrated blade in my Palm.

It reminds me that humans have power that they may not even understand they harness. From the moment we understood how to control the flame we have become everyone's worst nightmare. The death and destruction we can cause, how we can drowning out the darkness and leave all fleeting away from our sight out of fear for their lives. when the light of the brightest and closest star begins to illustrate its emance power by drowning the darkness that the smaller moon struggles to fight of and instead follows its fellow powerless friends to be in golfed by a blinding darkness they've been forced to call home.

But a battle is not based on strength. It it based in your will to fight for what you believe. A will to fight for the fact you believe your side has no choice but to win. Otherswise a battle of blood is not worth it if there are other ways around. That is the way a battle is won, and how it should be. The moon will hide away, a mock of a surrender to the intimating ball that radiates dominance. The moon will hide in the shadows an darkness that consumes them while they regain strength, and study the sun from afar. They wait and watched, noting at Any weakness they can find. Then when they come to the battle again, at the rise of dusk, the sun has used all its strength on boasting its everglowing light and begins to run tired. As it seeks shelter the moon takes advatange and seeks the revenge that is feels it deserves. The darkness begins to Swallow the light of day and carries the sun into the grave of night, which inevitably gives way to the shadows for they now roam the sky's, and with that it illumines the stars that are blocked from sight from the selfish sun, the one who blocks them from sharing the same ancient sky's as they are forced to watch in the bed of night filled with hate.

The moon is their only hope, as they reside in total darkness and gnaw at their cages with any power they can muster. They count on a brave warrior to go out and challenge the higher up force. And though they have lost countless times they will never back down, never give up, until they draw their last breath and let the mouth of infinity drag them under. they will force themselves to fight with their whole body - Flesh and Bone - for a chance feel the glory of innocence they should be able to feel without such a fight.

Still focusing my gaze on the blade flooded in light from the flame besides me I failed to hear the knock at the door before I heard the hinges begin the creak. That's when I flicked my head around snapping out of my thoughts to see what was there out of pure instinct. I quickly averted my attention back to My hand as I could feel the sharp tinge of a painful burning sensation that in golfed my hand. I dropped the blade and held my hand to stop the bleeding. The footsteps became louder and I felt a hand on the small of my back and one that came to reach my injured one

"Shit, sorry, you alright? Didn't mean to startle you" it was II, my brother. I relaxed when I heard his voice in my head and I let him take my hand. He held it for a moment before reaching in his back pocket to grab a cloth out that he wrapped around it