~ 24 ~

A/N

D I S C L A M E R
This chapter contains and describes blood and gore, traumatic scenes, and just overall extremely unsettling to Invision

<<•° III °•>>

My Feet were moving swiftly and almost silently over the gravel path that ran throughout the whole village. At the end I was met with the familiar door at the front of the cabin.

I raised my hand in a fist that I used to knock on the harsh wood. I waited from second before another series of knocks followed as I received no reply from the otherside of the door.

After another minute of silence I dared to open the door, making sure that it creaked to alert the resident of my presence. I stepped in and closed the door behind me.

I was being cautious, unknowing as to what could have led the prophecy girl to not reply to my knocks. But none the less I continued on, searching the small, but cozy space.

Feeling a scene of cold in the room and decided that she must be in here, so I searched briefly throughout the cabin before checking the surroundings.

Beside her residence household lay a small garden that was filled with a variety of flowers and plants. But there was no Jade. Not far away the calming river ran a gentle stream of translucent blue running through the majestic dark Barked trees with pure green leaves and eye catching flowers of all colours.

The majestic sight left almost no room for my mind to think of anything bad coming out from this place of gentle feelings. But then again, I've lived here for a while and understand that there are many sides of this place.

It holds dangers that our small minds could never imagine in mortal form as the sun goes down.

Far too many think the world of this place but in the end this place will become your tomb if you are not careful and get carried away.

When you first come you fall in love but your first time leaving, you will only have one though going through your head; Take me back to Eden.

And the last thing I have found through out endless suffering and pain unlike another is that Nothing. Lasts. Forever.

But none the less I continued my search up the stream looking for any evidence that she was at least near here.

I looked as closely as I could in the morning light that showered my surrounding area n soft rays of pink, yellow, and orange. no sign of my target though which made me start to worry. I looked closely into the river to make sure she hasn't drowned or if there's any evidence which seemed to be a good idea because somthing had caught my attention.

A lantern? Why is there a lantern in the water? I leant down and wrapped my black fingers around the Handel of the metal and hoisting it out if the water. The soothing liquid from the stream was making the paint run off my fingers but I could always fix it later.

I looked even closer looking for 1 thing in particular... ahah! There it is... ' Divine ' was ingrained into the bottom of the lantern in the Runes of Sleep. She was here, but where is she now?

•≪•◦ Vessel ◦•≫•

A scowering expression lay on my face as I heard what III had to report about the girl, but I tried to keep my cool and think about what we were going to do.

In the end I sent IV to go talk to Sleep, see what he knows about it and III and II will come with me to search the area. I will also be asking others in the camp if they have seen her but try not to raise awareness that she is missing.

I bet it's the fucking Draedmouths again. I told Sleep just to wipe out the fowl beasts to prevent any similar ever happening but no, their apparently "part of the cycle" and cannot be removed. Bullshit. He just wants to watch us all suffer. These beasts have created enough havoc before to wipe out whole villages. I've had the putrid displeasure of baring witness to it before, an I won't let that happen again.

After a couple more frantic minutes of searching desperately for any clues of where she could have gone, IV came back from Sleeps temple with his head hung low and eyes glued to the ground beneath him

"Spit it out" I hissed and it was clear that this was all planned by the dark being. "Sleep explained to me that the girl is in one of the phases of testing as we speak. And of we interrupt well... Ves, you remember what happened yea? Well... he explained it to me in great detail that I wish I would have never had to Invision" his defeated mention of the consequences and problems that would be caused by intercepting one of the levels of testing that Sleep performs made my mind spiral back into a dark pit of grief and the most horrendous , depressing images known to any being that I had ever had the unfortunate of witnessing first hand.

And I was also the only that survived.

I removed myself from the group and my feet began to subconsciously move towards my cabin. A trip I had made with a body fully numb, flesh and bone. And the familiar darkness of the room became a comfort knowing that here when the shadow of the man I once was is taken over by a darker side that holds reminince of the deity that had taken my life and changed me into the mourning monster I have becone.

The power he holds that I have seen in person before that still sends shivers down my back and my head into a panicked state. I couldn't keep the man on the inside away anymore and a scream that filled the room lanced with the immense grief and pain from the memories bouncing back and fourth in my mind brought me to tears.

Her body hanging several feet in the air being held there by strings of flesh and guts from the ones closest to her such as her mother, father and her little sister. The way her body started to slowly and painfully Rip open and part to expose her insides with blood painting the surrounding in crimson and the sound her bones made when they cracked. The blood curling scream that escaped her lips as the last words before her body finally succumbed to the suffering and she stopped moving. She stopped wriggling, the noises came to a stop and the bloodstained surrounding fell into an uncomfortable silence.

I finally looked up to see why it had stopped, my body was shaking but I managed to tilt my head towards the deathly scene. My eyes widened and I let out a desperate yowl for this to all the a dream and it all the be okay. I didn't want to believe that she was gone, and I watched her die. After a couple minutes of screaming and trying to understand what the fuck is happened I began to run. I ran, and ran and ran as far as I could. I'm still not sure what I was hoping for by doing that but I do know that I just wanted to be as far away from that as possible.

I'll never forgive Sleep for how he didn't bother to help at all and just let it happen, but I will never interrupt the tests for as long as I live. That event has scared me for life but also showed the true extent of the deity's power and intention that i have given my whole being to. And if I don't follow his instructions I may follow in the footsteps of who knows how many he has done that to before her. It installed a new scene of fear in me that I had no idea could be provoked.

But no matter what I won't let it happen again even if it hurts me, even if I can't breathe, I'll find a way.