1.1

The compound that Fury set me towards was nestled in the mountains. We fly towards one of the mountain peaks and as the alarms blared proximity warnings, Fury only smiled. So we flew directly into a mountain. Or rather, a hologram of a mountain.

"Hit the green button for the autopilot and it'll land us in the hanger," he instructed when we passed through the hologram.

"Left or right?" I asked, my hand hovering over the two buttons.

"The green one," he repeated slowly as if I was hard of hearing.

"Left or right?" I said just as slowly, getting annoyed.

His eyes narrowed slightly as if he couldn't tell if I was genuinely asking, "left," he finally said. "Do they not have green on your planet?"

Pushing the button I glared at him as best as I I can with the blindfold. "I wouldn't know, I'm colorblind."

"Really?" He asked, surprised.

"Yup, can only see in shades of gray."

Fury stays silent for a moment then asks, "what's with the blindfold? Why keep your eyes covered if you aren't blind?"

"Took you long enough," I mutter. "I can't look at people."

"Why not? Will they explode or something?" He asks with genuine curiosity.

I sigh, "something like that."

He make a small huh sound but doesn't ask anything else. It doesn't take long for us to land in the hanger of the compound. "Follow me," he said briskly as he got out, not bothering to wait and see if I actually followed.

Reluctantly I did.

Jogging slightly to catch up with him, I take in the hanger. Rows of helicopters and jets, cars and even tanks, not to mention the people running around everywhere. The sights, smells and sound almost overwhelming. But I wasn't about to let any of them know that.

Catching up to Fury, he leads me out of the hanger and down a few halls until he stopped in front of a door and turns to me. "This is where I leave you. Good luck kid."

He turned and left and I watch him go, stunned at his abrupt departure. Once he disappeared around a corner I sighed and went in. A white room greeted me with a desk, two chairs, a two way mirror behind the desk and a very attractive woman.

She smiled at me when I entered, "Welcome to intake, I'm agent Hill." She said after I had sat down, "I'll be asking you a series of questions and you are expected to answer them in full honesty."

"And if I don't?" I asked, sitting stiffly in the chair, my head down as if I was focusing on my hands in my lap. A trick I learned in a past life. Appear meek and subdued and they'll never expect it when, or if, you need to fight your way out.

"Then your mind will be cleaned of everything you've seen since your escape and you'll be sent to a higher security prison for your crimes." She pulls out a stack of papers and looks at me, "shall we begin?" At my nod she begins with the first question, "full name?"

"Marzda Eudora Cadanar."

"Planet and system of origin?"

"Calzor-19, Andromeda system."

"Reason for leaving?" When I didn't respond she looked up from her paper, "reason for leaving?" She asked again.

This was not something I wanted to get into, "difference of opinions." Not technically a lie.

"What difference?" She asked, still looking at me.

"Not one that concerns you," I tell her forcefully.