1.2

A year and fourteen roommates later I finally had a room to myself.

Or rather, the roommate I was supposed to have was on an extended mission and wouldn't be back for several months. The first boy, who's name I learned was Pietro and who could run faster then sound, only lasted a week.

He had tried to be friendly and when that didn't work had tried to stay out of my way as much as he could in the tiny room. But he finally requested a transfer when all of his running shoes, somehow, had the soles melted.

They tried his sister next, Wanda.

A beautiful and fascinating girl with extraordinary powers. She was moody and never even tried to talk to me, something I appreciated. She lasted longer then her brother but when I had accidentally seen an intimate moment shared between them she all but disappeared.

Given their history it wasn't surprising that they had formed a non-conventional bond. I wouldn't have said anything, I was in no position to judge who people loved. But I was glad to have an empty room again.

That lasted an entire week before the next person appeared. They at least had the decency to look slightly afraid of me as I had made it known that anyone who was assigned to my room better be prepared to fight for it. Some were harder to scare off then others, but eventually they all requested a transfer.

And now, finally, I was to have a room to myself for a few months. The past year had been difficult. Not in the training aspect as some might have assumed, but rather the sleeping aspect. Even the slightest noise in my room sent an image of the room and all it's contents to my head. But fortunately I had perfected the art of the power nap.

Napping between meals and training was hard at first but once I got used to it, it actually worked better then I could have hoped. It left my nights free to explore the compound and make a map of all the areas they didn't want us in. Of course thanks to my gifts I didn't even need to go in the restricted areas to see what was going on in them. But much to my disappointment nothing interesting was happening.

The only remotely interesting thing that had happened was I did make a friend. And even more surprising is that it was Wanda. We had been pared up in training and at first she wouldn't even look at me but she fought me like a bat out of hell. And I pride myself in being able to hold my own but after she almost broke my arm, without using her powers, I finally had had enough so I cornered her one day after training.

Throwing her against the wall with a sskaaa I stood over her as she struggled to get to her knees. "I don't know what your problem is but I'm getting tired of being your punching bag." Her hands started to glow as she started to stand, but with another sskaaa she was back on the floor, "and I don't know if you're trying to, but you're seriously starting to piss me off." She started to glow again and I warned, "I really wouldn't do that if I were you."

She sighed and let the glow die as she sat back against the wall. I hadn't really expected her to give up this fast but when her shoulders started to shake I almost felt bad. Sitting next to her I asked, "why were you so angry at me? Sure I got both you and brother kicked out of my room but it was nothing personal."

"You saw," she said softly.

"Saw what?" She didn't respond and then it hit me, "oh, that. Whatever, like I care." I smirk slightly, "were you really trying to intimidate me?" She nodded slightly and I laughed, "it didn't work but you get an A for effort."

She looked at me, "you really don't care?"

I scoff, "why should I care who you fuck? I come from a planet where our dna chooses a mate for us and we have no say in it. At least you got to choose."