4.0

Part Four
                                        Marzda

Rocket groans as Olympia says again, "raccoon."

Grinning I say, "he's a little sensitive about the R word. Now strap in, we have company and I can't have you bouncing around in here." Natasha finally snaps out of it, grabbing Olympia and buckling them both into a seat. Turning to the screen in front of me I tell Rocket, "we got three ships on our six."

He grins and says, "a mistake on their part."

"Hang on everyone," I call as I hit the accelerator. The ship shoots forward and I take us above the clouds, the Daxomites in hot pursuit.

"They're still on us kid," Rocket tells me.

"Party poppers?" I ask.

"Party poppers," he agrees.

Hitting a button, a stream of flares shoot out of the back of the ship and I dive, hitting the cloak. Watching the radar, two of the ships follow the flares but the third is still on us. "Did you happen to fix the gun since the last time I was on this pile of junk?" I ask Rocket.

"Well Quill never had the credits to take it to the shop," he informs me.

Unstrapping from the chair I look at him, "you better catch me this time," I warn him.

"I make no promises."

Heading towards the ramp I look at Natasha who was watching me, "fuck it," I mutter. Rushing over to her I pull her into a deep kiss and to my surprise she didn't stop me. Olympia however did let out a string of giggles. Breaking away I tell her, "I love you." Going to the ramp I hit the emergency release button and watch it lower, "Rocket if anything happens to them I'll kill you too," I yell at him. He only waves at me and I give Natasha a grin.

A look of horror fills her face, "what are you doing?"

"Having some fun," I tell her.

And then I jump.

The first time I did this I was terrified, but now, it was almost the best feeling in the world. Activating my gauntlets, I fly towards the ship that was following us. Thankfully it doesn't see me at first and by the time it does, it's too late. Letting out a sonic blast I shred it, watching the pieces fall to the ground.

A red glow lights up the clouds and then a figure is shooting up towards me. "Nice of you to finally join us," Wanda tells me when she gets close.

"It was a long trip."

"You ready for pickup or not?" Rocket asks in my ear.

"Get over here fuzzball," I order.

A few moments later we are both on the ship, and when Natasha sees Wanda she unclips from the seat and smashes her into a hug. I'm almost knocked over the wave of love that rushes through the Bond. It's been years since I've felt anything through it and it was like the first time all over again. Looking away I say, "buckle in, we have a long trip."

Getting back into my seat I flip more switches and try not to imagine what had been going on between them for the past few years. As if he could read my mind Rocket nudges me, "you ok kid?"

"Fine, just worried about the others."

"They'll be at the meeting point," he tells me.

"They better be." A tug on my arm makes me look down, straight into the eyes of Olympia. "Hello little one, you should be in a chair."

She climbs into my lap and gives me a confused look, "you kissed my mommy."

"I did."

"Why?"

Looking at Natasha who was watching us with careful eyes I look back down and say, "because I love her, and I have for a very long time."

This just seems to make her more confused and she studies me, "how do you know my mommy?"

Not sure what Natasha had told her I play it safe, "I met her a long time ago and we became friends, and then after a while I fell in love with her. But then I had to go on a long trip and I only just now got back."

"Why'd you leave?"

"To protect her from some very bad people who wanted me to come with them."

Her small hand reaches out and touches the marks on my face, "bad people do this?"

"Yes," I tell her.

She studies me for a long while and pulls out a picture from her pocket, one that I recognize instantly because it's me. "This you?"

The question slams into me and I fumble for an answer, looking at Natasha, unsure how she wants me to answer. "Olympia!" Natasha calls. She runs back to Natasha and climbs onto her lap. Turning back to the controls I angle the ship up. "Where are we going?" Natasha asks as I head for the stars.

"Asgard."