"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚝𝚊𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚒𝚙𝚜..."

🌶️ SPICY WARNING 🌶️

Lucy Chen has never been a morning person, no matter how hard she tries. If the sun hasn't risen, why has she?

Because Tim Bradford, that's why.

Of course she'd get paired with the one training officer that believes in getting to the station before they even open, a crisp five o'clock in the morning. He thinks Lucy needs to work on her strength, so he volunteered her to start working out with him in the mornings.

She'll show him strength...

She pulls the door of the station open, already hearing the sounds of his fists colliding with the punching bag echoing throughout the building. With her gym bag slung over her shoulder, she treks through the empty halls, her heart rate increasing by the second. When the gym comes into view, she momentarily ceases to breathe.

There's no denying that Tim Bradford is attractive. Maybe one of the most attractive men she's ever seen. Yet as she watches his fists fly, she's realized he's never looked as good as he does right now.

Sweat drips from his face, landing and sliding down his bare chest. She realizes just how in shape he is, his muscles bulging and abs flexing with each blow. His shorts are tight in all the right areas, front and back. Suddenly she feels self conscious, looking down at the way her leggings hug her curves.

Like most women, she often struggled with her body image. Sure, she was healthy and she was strong and she was a badass cop, but she had insecurities like everyone else. In high school people told her she was too thin; she needed to eat something. When she joined the academy, people told her she needed to lose weight; stop eating so much.

She could run a five minute mile and carry around fifty pounds of gear all day, but all some people ever cared about was that her thighs touched.

She pushed all of the negative thoughts out of her head. She didn't get here by listening to her insecure thoughts and letting fear hold her back. Lucy Chen was a cop, and a damn good one at that. She had a damn good training officer who made it his personal mission to drive her fucking crazy while also making sure she was being the best version of herself possible.

Tim turned his head as the door of the gym creaked open, revealing Lucy Chen – the biggest pain in his ass that he can't keep his hands off of no matter how hard he tries. "Morning," he calls out to her, watching the way her hips swayed as she walked. "You're three minutes late, Boot."

"It's too early for your shit," Lucy grinned, dropping her bag on the floor. "Do you ever get tired of being a smartass?"

"Abso-fucking-lutely not," Tim motioned for Lucy to come closer to him. "Now come on, start warming up. We're burning daylight."

Tim knew he was a smartass, and even more so a hardass. He was hard on people because he knew that pushing people and testing people would help them become the best version of themselves. Especially with Lucy. When he looked at her, he saw potential. He knew that with hard work and a whole lot of Tim Tests, Lucy would be one of the best cops he had ever trained.

If only he could keep his hands off of her...

He watched as she bent over, stretching and touching her toes. Her pert ass was in view, giving him flashbacks to what conspired between then for the first time a few weeks ago. Over the course of his many years as a training officer, he had many female rookies and had never been attracted to a single one. Never saw them as anything other than a job.

But Lucy Chen? She was a firecracker. She was tougher than the majority of the male officers on the force, yet kind, compassionate, and understanding. She soaked up his lessons like a sponge, absorbing every word that he had ever spoken to her. And God, she was fucking beautiful. A ray of fucking sunshine.