- CHAPTER VI

— 𝓜𝓾𝓽𝓾𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓑𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓯𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭

Calling up Keiji on face time you had panicked. You were in a baggy t-shirt and shorts trying to decide on what to wear. Keiji had answered fairly quickly seeming to be confused while buttoning up his shirt. You stared a bit, he did look quite good, and eventually started pulling clothes out of your closet asking for help. Today was the Akaashi family get together and you so desperately wanted to look good.

"Keiji I don't know which one to pick and I still have to text your mother!" You had pulled out a couple of options.

"I liked the dress you wore to the art museum.. Maybe that?" You had forgotten about your outing to the art museum even if it was a couple days ago.

       It was a little bit of an awkward hang out at first but eventually you guys had gotten comfortable with eachother. You were wearing a black dress that came down to your mid thigh, it was a halter A-line dress that fit you quite well. You had at the time, put a cropped jean jacket over it. Recounting that day, it was filled with Keiji complimenting your artworks. You had fun and it was definitely nice to have somebody at one of your art expos.

"Should I wear the jacket again? Or I have a uh.. It's like a burgundy color, I have a sweater. Oh my god im panicking I can't even talk right." You took a deep breath.

"Definitely the cardigan. You think I look okay?" Akaashi was wearing black slacks, with a buttoned up white shirt, sleeves rolled up to his mid forearm and tucked in.

"You look.. Really good actually." He smiled.

"Don't over think it okay? You'll look good no matter what." You had ran off screen for a couple minutes before coming back in an outfit.

       You were wearing the black dress that Keiji had suggested along with a dark red carigan that was a little longer than the dress itself. You had put on some sheer black tights underneath and did a little spin to show him. He had smiled giving you a thumbs up, both of you still on call as you continued to do your hair and makeup.

"I think I might just only wear mascara." Keiji looked at you through the screen, he had really thought you were pretty with or without it.

"Definitely just not red lipstick, my mom will call you a whore." You giggled and continued, eventually he had hung up, needing to drive to come get you and you took a picture sending it off to his mom. She had liked the image, asking you where you got the cardigan.

Smiling you made your way outside after Akaashi had texted you that he was there. You got in the front seat and buckled up giving him the go ahead to start driving. Akaashi had gotten more and more nervous the closer he got to his grandparents house, where the function was being held. He tried to take deep breaths, which helped, but all he could smell was your perfume. It was a sweet scent, if he had to guess it was something with vanilla. He enjoyed it, and it had helped him calm himself down. Arriving at the house he parked across the street and told you to stay, getting out and going to open the door for you, then extending a hand to help you out. Happily, you accepted the offer.