- CHAPTER IX

— 𝓜𝓾𝓽𝓾𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓑𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓯𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭

"Hello, Kai." The boy had smiled at you, taking a step closer.

"It's been awhile since I've seen you." You nodded.

"Yeah it has been. I thought you went to a university in America?" Kai smiled at you, you used to love that smile.

"I was but then I moved back here to help my mom with her shop." You smiled, you remembered going to her shop after school alot.

"The flower shop? I loved that place." Kai nodded.

"Yeah, she fell ill recently so I've moved back to come help out. I think I might take over for her." Your smile fell into a slight frown. Kai's mom was a sweetheart and you were very upset at the information.

"You know Y/n my mom would love to see you again." You nodded.

"I'm sure."

       Keiji had walked around the corner expecting to see you, just not the other boy. He watched for a second as he made you smile, and then made you frown. His heart had a small pain everytime he watched you look upset. He really did think you were too pretty to have any sign of distress on your face. Swiftly making his way over, Keiji realized, he might be getting jealous, he wasn't dumb. He snaked his arm around your waist, taking your school bag and carrying it for you.

"Oh, Keiji!" You smiled. Why were you so much happier to see him?

"Hi, Y/n." Keiji smiled back as you hugged him.

"I didn't think you'd ever have another boyfriend Y/n. It took me forever to get you to accept my confessions. And you always rejected everyone." You turned your attention back to Kai.

"Oh. Keiji, this is my ex-boyfriend Kai. Kai this is my boyfriend Keiji." Keiji had been caught a little off gaurd by you not denying him being your boyfriend, but he guessed you were just uncomfortable.

"Ouch. Ex-boyfriend." You shrugged.

"You were the one who broke up with me." Kai smiled.

"I really didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I just didn't think it'd work out." Keiji had also grabbed the umbrella from you.

"I have to take Y/n shopping, her family probably wouldn't like her being late." Kai's face scrunched up at the mention of your family.

"Have you met them yet?" Keiji shook his head no.

"I learned this the hard way, always open the door for her, her dad almost killed me one time." Kai shivered.