- CHAPTER V

— 𝓜𝓾𝓽𝓾𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓑𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓯𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭

Sitting on a nearby bench, you sighed. You had agreed to meet Akaashi at the museum that held your art. Staring at it you felt slightly inferior to the other ones around you who had obviously been studying for years. You were self taught and it showed only slightly. Akaashi had walked in, taking a seat next to you looking at the art work in front of him.

"Is that yours?" You only nodded.

"I think it's pretty." You looked at Akaashi and shrugged.

"It's painfully obvious that I'm not an art student." Akaashi looked at you, a small frown dawning your face.

"Y/n, you know you probably only think that because yours is the only one with color. It's nice really, it makes it stand out more in a room full of charcoal drawings." You stared at Akaashi, seemingly taking a second to decide if you were going to believe him or not.

"You think so?"

"I know so. Besides if I looked at a beautiful picture of butterflies and they were in black and white I don't think it'd be as pretty. I mean they get all of their personality from their colors." You smiled this time, looking back at your work.

"When I was a kid, my dad had this beautiful butterfly bush. He would spend every day checking on it and watering it. One time when I was helping, a butterfly had landed on my nose, and he took a picture. My favorite memories with my dad always happened at that bush." Akaashi looked at the painting in front of him.

It was a huge painting, seemingly a house with a bunch of greenery in the background and butterflies everywhere, getting bigger and smaller as they transitioned from foreground to background. He had guessed it was a depiction of what you just told him and he thought it was sweet, the way your painting held such emotion. It made him wonder what other famous paintings had such sweet sentimental meanings to their creator but to others, it's just a painting. He smiled at it.

"I think it's nice, how sentimental this is to you." You stood up, waiting for him to do the same.

"Want to go look at the rest?" Akaashi nodded following you.

All of the other drawing had been done in black and white, either self portraits or portrayals of scenery. After hearing what you said earlier, he wondered if any of these had such emotion behind them as well. Truthfully they probably didn't, most of the artist blurbs talked about how they were enthralled by the sight and wanted to paint it or how they loved themself enough to plaster their faces onto a page. Everytime Akaashi had looked around, your painting always caught his attention, the bright colors and honestly sheer size of it.

"How did you paint something that big?" You peered up at the boy shrugging.

"Lots of paint." You giggled and he smiled at you, taking your hand into his.

By the end of the expo you guys had talked about all of your favorite things, seeming to get to know eachother more and more. You had noticed how he would glance at your painting every now and then, it quite honestly had made you feel more and more proud of yourself throughout the day. You guys had been on a bench, sitting to face eachother while eating the free food that the school had offered for students. You were sitting outside in the museum's garden taking in all of the scenery. Shoving a rice ball in your mouth you listened as Akaashi talked about this new book he read.

"It was honestly crazy, I mean the whole premise of it. I mean, a carnival that makes you face your greatest fears?" You had smiled at him, swallowing.

"Are you talking about 'Full Tilt'? Honestly it was one of the better horror books I've read. I really enjoyed the mirror maze part." Akaashi nodded.

"It was a rollercoaster of emotions to be honest." Akaashi shoved food in his mouth before realizing the pun he had made.

You had realized it though, which made you laugh. It wasn't like a giggle it was more of a gutteral laugh that was so infectious, Akaashi had to try not to laugh. He didn't think that, of all things, a pun would be the thing to make you laugh like that. Catching your breath, you smiled at the boy. It was nice, having someone to talk to without a care in the world and no need to be perfect. Your conversations had never seemed to be awkward once you guys had gotten the hang of it.

"You're really funny." Akaashi hummed.

"It was a stupid pun, but I'm glad you think so." The conversation continued until eventually it was dark out and the museum was starting to close.

"Did you drive here?" You shook your head.

"No, I had walked, I don't own a car actually but I have been saving up for it." Akaashi nodded.

"Did you want a ride home? It would be wrong of me to let you walk home alone this late." You smiled at him.

"That would be perfect."

Grabbing your hand he walked you over to his car, opening the door for you. You smiled at him and got in as he made his way to the driver's side and got in, making sure you were buckled up before taking off. The ride was nice, the only thing lighting up the car were the street lights as you passed them, soft music playing as Akaashi tapped his fingers lightly every so often. He had made it to your apartment complex and had gotten out. Again, opening the door for you before walking you to your apartment.

"You don't have to walk me all the way up there." Akaashi shook his head.

"How else am I supposed to make sure you get home safe. I'd feel terrible if something happened especially if I could've tried to prevent it." You to a big breath, relaxing slightly.

"Well I appreciate it. Some of my neighbors are really weird." Akaashi laughed slightly, opening up the complex's door for you and you leading him to the elevator so you could get to your floor. When he had gotten you to your door you had turned around.

"Thank you Akaashi, again." He smiled at you.

"You can call me Keiji you know? We are supposed to be 'dating'." You giggled and nodded.

"Thank you then, Keiji. I really had a nice time and it was great to see someone appreciate my hard work." Keiji smiled at you, nodding.

"It was lovely to see it." You had closed the door, smiling to yourself.

'He's really great.'

————————————
𝓜𝓾𝓽𝓾𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓑𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓯𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭
————————————