- CHAPTER X

— 𝓜𝓾𝓽𝓾𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓑𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓯𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭

Walking into the small ramen shop your dad picked for lunch you immediately sat down at the table he was at, Keiji had sat next to you, he wasn't as nervous as he was earlier. You loved your dad, he was always so great and you always told him how your mom didn't deserve him.

"So, get whatever you guys want it's on me!" You smiled at your dad, already knowing what you would get. Your dad took you here often, it was small and quaint and you loved it.

"Are you sure? I can pay for mine if it's to much?" Keiji looked a little nervous but your dad waved him off.

"Consider this a thank you for picking such a good dress for Y/n. And making sure she doesn't touch any door handles." Keiji blinked.

"It's just the respectful thing to do." Keiji rubbed the back of his neck.

"I think I'm going to go to the bathroom really quickly, order for me would you dad?" He nodded and Keiji suddenly felt very nervous now that it was the two of them.

"Im glad." Keiji looked at your dad confused.

"What?"

"I'm glad she has you. You look at her as if she's the only girl in the world, and I appreciate that. She's still, in my heart, my little girl. I knew she was going to have an amazing future and I desperately hope that you're there with her." Your dad smiled at Keiji.

"I.. I hope I am to." Keiji smiled slightly.

He was glad that you had someone in your family that wasn't as sick as your mom or sister. He honestly almost tried to fight them earlier, but refrained. He had realized that he was starting to grow very fond of you over the past month. It was like a fever dream to him, waking up one day and having a pretty girl be his pretend girlfriend. He really didn't want it to be pretend anymore but, he didn't want to make you uncomfortable. Your dad noticed the slight look of unsureness on Keiji's face.

"I don't think I've seen her look at someone the way she looks at you. Even with her ex, she had never seemed really interested. I think you're good for her, really I do. And I'm sure that she would stay with you forever." Keiji's face went red.

Soon you came back smiling, sitting down. Your dad had let you know that he already put in the order and got you your favorite drink. You had noticed Keiji being quiet, you guessed your dad may have threatened him in some way. You grabbed his handing causing him to look up at you and smile. He always felt better when he looked at you. You guys had talked about your experiences throughout college and caught your dad up on everything. He admitted to visiting your art expo but you had apparently gone on separate days. Keiji was glad that someone else cared for your art. Soon the food had come out.

"Ouch, hot." Keiji slid your water towards you and you took a sip.

"Be careful, okay?" He smiled at you and you smiled back.

You guys ate your food peacefully until your dad got a work call and he had to leave. You gave him a hug and he gave Keiji another hug, paying before he took off. You guys had finsihed your meal and left when you were done. After getting in the car Keiji had sat there for a second.

"You okay?" He nodded before buckling up.

"Are you sure? Did my dad threaten you or something?"

"No, he just. He made me realize something." You stayed quiet, worried it was something bad.

The ride was a little tense. You tried to pay attention to the music but you were too nervous. The rain had picked up again and Keiji had pulled up to your apartment. He sat there for a second. You weren't sure what to do, you were going to get out yourself thinking that maybe he was done with you. A thought that vanished as soon as it appeared once he grabbed your hand. He turned to look at you, taking your hands in his.

"Y/n."

"Keiji." He smiled at you slightly.

"I don't.. I don't want you to be my pretend girlfriend anymore." You stopped breathing for a second. Thousands of thoughts going through your head in a second.

"Was it me? Did I do something wrong? Was it my family?" You started to slowly breakdown into tears, trying to keep it together. You fell hard for Keiji over the past month. He cupped your face wiping away your tears.

"Y/n you did nothing wrong, angel. I wanted to ask you.. If you wanted to be my real girlfriend." You stopped for a moment, sniffling, wiping away your tears.

You looked at him confused. He wanted you to be his real girlfriend? You had to take a minute to catch your breathe. You went through almost five different emotions in one moment. Keiji was patient, his hands never moving. You had finally made a reaction, smiling.

"Of course I'd be your real girlfriend. You have to take me on an actual date though." You giggled and he smiled. It was so genuine and such a happy smile.

"Can I kiss you? Please, pretty pretty please you're just so-" You had already leaned over the center console, connecting your lips.

It was sweet and gentle, just like Keiji and you loved it. He slowly moved his hands from your face through your hair. When you guys had pulled away you giggled and he peppered your whole face with kisses making you laugh more. He loved listening to your laugh. He pulled you in for another kiss and he could feel you smiling into it.

"Let's get you to your apartment yeah?" You smiled at your now boyfriend who got out of the car to open the door for you.

He helped you carry your stuff to your apartment, waiting patiently for you to unlock your door. Keiji had given you the dress and you put it away, immediately going back to hug him. You basically jumped on him though making hin laugh slightly. You laid your chin on his chest, looking up at him.

"Who's telling Bokuto?" Keiji sighed.

"I can.. But you're going to have to tell Kuroo." Your eyes went slightly wide.

"Yeah.. You're right."

Keiji and you had watched movies until late in the night but he did have to go back to his apartment. You had questioned him on it, having never been there and he promised to show you sometime soon. He gave you a kiss before heading back to his car, you getting ready for bed. You had already missed him but reminded yourself that you'd see him tomorrow.

————————————
𝓜𝓾𝓽𝓾𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓑𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓯𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭
————————————