Chapter 6

I started reading Dominic's bio while stealing glances at his picture now and then.  He had become a very handsome man. The bio read:

Dominic King Designs is one of the leading architectural firms in the state of Wisconsin.  After playing football and earning his degree at the University of Wisconsin,  Mr. King worked his way up with the prestigious firm of Stoddard and Associates,  he opened Dominic King Designs over 15 years ago.  Whether a client wants a multimillion dollar complex or a simple 3 bedroom family home,  no project is too big or too small for King Designs to tackle.  Mr. King serves on the board of directors for The Boys and Girls Club of Wisconsin,  Habitat for Humanity and chairs one of the largest charity balls in the state each year that gives to multiple deserving organizations.  When he has free time he loves to cheer on his beloved Badgers, run and hike, spend time with his amazing Goddaughters or just relax with a good book and a glass of his favorite whiskey.

"Dominic was always so giving.  I am not surprised to read that he gives to charity the way he does." I said as I was rereading the bio for the third time. As I finished,  I realized that Charlie was texting someone.

"Char who are you texting at 1:30 in the morning?"

"Uncle Blaine."

"Charlie,  for God's sake!  The man is probably asleep.  Leave it alone and you can talk to him tomorrow about it."

Charlie's phone started ringing.  We looked at each other knowing exactly who it was.  Charlie answered his phone, immediately putting it on speaker."

"I hate you both.  You just couldn't wait for me!"

"Uncle Blaine,  I know you googled him the minute you got home!", Charlie fired back.

"Not until I did some googling with my husband, thank you very much." I couldn't help but laugh.

"Ew.  Not thanking you for that image Uncle."

"So Em, he doesn't seem to be married. I say we leave for Wisconsin in the morning."

"First,  it is the morning.  Second, maybe it just doesn't mention a relationship."

"It also doesn't look like he has kids of his own.". Charlie said.

"He must really love his Goddaughters like I love Charlie then.". Blaine couldn't love him more than he did.

"I am sure those of Jensen's girls.  I had heard he had two daughters."

"Jensen is?", Blaine asked

"The third Musketeer.  Jensen Chase.  Mom's other good friend." Charlie explained.

"Did you even have one girl friend, Emery?"

"During the soccer season, I could handle hanging out with a few of the girls.  Torey was enough of a girly girl for the both us.  She always had girls over.  I was usually with Dom or Jensen. "

"No wonder I had to teach you how to dress and do your makeup in college. You were a mess.".

"Mom was just a tomboy.". Charlie said in my defense.

"I got her off the farm Charlie.  I thought I was next big fashion designer and your mom was my muse for quite awhile.".

"You made me feel beautiful always Blaine.  We had so much fun!".

"Well, get ready because it's gonna all happen again.  I have plans Missy!  But it's late.  I will bring coffee and donuts in the morning.  And we will do more digging on a certain Mr. King!",  Blaine hung up before either Charlie or I could protest.

"Well goodnight mom.  I love you.". Charlie closed his laptop, grabbed his phone, kissed me on the top of my head and headed to his room.

"Love you more Kid.". He smiled back at me as he closed my door.