Part 2

Part 2

Ten Years Ago

I couldn't believe it. I was actually here. Ridgeview University. The most elite university in the entire country, possibly the world. Only the best of the best, the richest of the richest were considered eligible to attend this university.

"This place is huge," Helena commented beside me as we stared at the giant structure which spanned more than six thousand acres. Every department had its own building and rumor had it that the university board was planning on buying more land and expanding the institute even further.

"I know. I'll probably get lost here," I said.

"The Literature building is towards the end," she said with a pout.

My heart sank at hearing her words. "Really? The Business building is towards the left and the Culinary Science building is next to it. How will I see you?"

Helena rolled her eyes. "You won't see me even if our departments were right next to each other, Miss Over Achiever. You'll be busy with all your classes."

"I have one or two free slots," I argued.

"That doesn't count. You might as well fill those with a third major," she retorted and huffed, causing a strand of her hair to dance against it.

"I want to but it'll be too much. I also need to look for a job," I told her.

"You think you'll be able to manage your scholarship with a job?" Her brows furrowed with concern.

"I have to. My parents aren't really willing to support me. If it wasn't for the scholarship I wouldn't have been able to attend college," I said, even though she already knew everything. "With a job I'll be able to eat and buy clothes for myself."

"Just don't spread yourself too thin. I understand you have big goals but you need your health to achieve said goals. And I really don't like your parents. They don't have a problem spending thousands of dollars on your cousins. Why do they hate you so much?" she said and I couldn't help but agree with her. Even I didn't know why they hated spending money on me, despite me asking them.

Wind caressed my skin as I looked around the campus, taking in the students with their hopeful faces and gleaming eyes. Everybody who came here had big goals, at least that's what I believed and with generational wealth a lot of the students were able to fulfill their dreams.

"Oh, wow." Helena breathed and I followed her line of sight to see her eyeing a group of five boys who looked more like men than boys with their well-built bodies and expensive clothes.

"Who're they?" I asked.

"If I'm not mistaken they're Ridgeview royalty," she replied, her eyes not leaving the men. It wasn't only her, everyone in the vicinity was staring at the group as if they were gods who chose to grace the world with their presence.

"Ridgeview has royalty?" I didn't know that.

"They belong to the five most powerful families in the world; so of course they'll be considered royalty," she replied.

If they were considered royalty then why didn't I know them? I wasn't exactly living under a rock but yes, I was too busy to follow social media and keep up to date with celebrity gossip.

"What're their names?" Maybe that'd help me recognize them.

"The one right across from us is Hunter Lashbroke. His family owns multiple airlines and they manufacture private jets and yachts for nearly everyone who can afford it. They also own multiple chains of hotels and restaurants," Helena informed.