Part 6

Ten Years Ago

"Alright everyone, make sure to read up on the types of businesses that exist. And Spencer, make sure to add everyone in the WhatsApp group by evening and share the resources with the students," Professor Perez hollered as the students began walking out of the lecture hall. I gathered my things after making sure there was no text from Helena and followed after the students. My next class was in the Culinary Science building which was a couple of buildings behind this one and I couldn't wait to learn the art and science of food and cooking.

I took a right towards where I remembered the exit to be and kept my eyes focused on the campus map in front of me when I bumped into a solid wall of muscle and would've fallen had a strong arm not banded around my waist.

My heart hiked up to my throat when I looked up and saw Hunter Lashbroke in front of me and it was his arm holding me upright.

"What do you think you're doing?" He said, his smooth voice flowing over me like melted caramel.

Reality slammed into my heart and I quickly balanced myself on my feet and pulled myself away from him.

"Get away from me," I hissed and clutched the campus map close to me.

"That's not going to happen," he stated as if I was asking him to take me to Pluto. "I told you I'll be waiting for you, so why are you trying to go?"

"I don't know about you, but I came here to study and I have a class I need to get to," I snapped.

Hunter didn't appear to care. "Go out on a date with me," he repeated from earlier.

"For the last time, I'm not interested in going on a date with you. Please go ask somebody else. Like I said before, there must be a lot of girls eager to date you," I told him and tried to side step him only for him to block my path.

"Say you'll go on a date with me," he commanded and I couldn't refrain from rolling my eyes.

"Or what?" I challenged. A man in his position was used to getting what he wanted, I knew that. But that didn't mean I could let him tell me what to do. I didn't want to date him and he had no right to force me.

Hunter took a step forward and I would've taken one back had I not noticed his friends coming up behind me. "Or you're not going to class," he said with a shrug.

A frown pulled between my eyes. "Excuse me? You can't stop me from going to class."

He smirked and pinched my cheek. "There's so much you need to learn. A triple major isn't easy, right Kaiden?"

Triple major? What was he talking about? I wasn't planning to add a third major to my list.

"Perhaps you need to make things a little clearer for her, Hunt," this came from Vincent, his voice like peppermint—cool and refreshing.

I got my senses back a moment later. "I don't know what the hell you're talking about but I don't have time for it. Get out of my way. I don't want to be late for class."

Hunter ignored me once again. "Be ready tomorrow evening. I'll pick you up at seven and take you out."

"I'm not—" he didn't let me finish.

"If you're not ready, then you'll just make us late and I don't like being late," he stated.

"Do you have a problem understanding me? I'm not going anywhere with you. I don't know you and I don't go out with people I don't know."

"You either agree to go on a date with me or you're not going to class. It's that simple, sweetheart, so make your choice," he said. With the kind of confidence that was oozing off him he was sure he'd get a yes from me. But just like I didn't know him, he didn't know me.