Lorenzo~

Author's note.
Enjoy and happy reading~

02.01.2024

Living in New York is tiring, especially during winters. I'm Lorenzo Russo, Italian ice hockey player. I'm 20 and am trying to go through my life during college.

Waking up at 5 am for practice is crazy but I love hockey. Coach made me the captain and I'm really not complaining. As I get up from my sleep, I hear my mom yelling at me for getting late for practice. I get up and start running around the house, searching for my hockey gear and stuff my breakfast and leave. As I enter the rink, I see a red-haired goddess gliding away on the rink. She's so graceful and she looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

 She's so graceful and she looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it

I try not to stare but she screams of beauty. I go to the locker room and see my bestfriend, Jay and walk up to him. "Did you see the girl on the rink? She's so gorgeous." I don't want to admit it but I can't help but nod. She's drop dead gorgeous. I go back to the seats with Jay and the girl lands a damn triple axel!!! She's good at ice skating, I gotta say. As I admire her, she catches me staring and I quickly look away. Her siren eyes are hard to stare at. "Are you really blushing over an eye contact, Enzo?" says Jay. I wanna beat the hell out fo him. "Shut the hell up." which makes him laugh. I take the protein bar that's he's eating and stuff it in my mouth. He glares at me and I wink.

As I look back at the beauty, she's gone from the rink. I see her talking to a man, who I assume is her coach. She didn't speak a word to him, weird. I see her slip out of her legwarmers. I walk towards the vending machine when she bumps into me and we both fall. I might just die, she smells heavenly. As I hopelessly admire her, she gets up and starts to leave. I couldn't help but only stare at her eyes, those green eyes. Before I could even say anything, she left the building. She didn't even say sorry for bumping into me. How rude but I don't seem to get mad. She's so pretty. God, I'll die. I slap my forehead and get back to practice.

Later on when go to college. Hockey is a big part of me but academics matter just as much. As I park my car, Jay comes up to me. "What are you doing, lover boy?" he says. "lover boy?" I say while glaring at him. "The way you looked at the girl from the rink is definitely a lover boy move, simp."
he says while laughing. "I'm not a simp, fucker." he rolls his eyes and we go our class. I can't help but think of that red-haired goddess again. She's so pretty and her eyes match her hair so well. Am I daydreaming about a girl whom I met and didn't even talk to? Yes.

I walk into the cafeteria during break time and look who I saw, the same goddess. Today's gonna be fun.

Author's note.
Sorry for the short chapter, I promise I'll upload longer ones. Follow me on insta for updates and sneak peaks, writerxahofficial is my username. Thank you for reading, mwah~

Word count - 560 words.