Alexandra~

Author's note.
Happy reading and enjoy~

As I look down at the guy I just bumped into, the guy with the blue eyes, I can see he's still shocked by the incident and I get up. I don't think he knows sign but I still signed him a sorry and walked away. I don't think he noticed cause he was too busy staring at my eyes. I might've blushed there but I saved myself from the embarrassment.

As I walk towards my car, I can't help but think of him. Who is he? Anyway, it's my 1st day of college and I'm really excited. I've never been much of a talker, quite literally, but I'm more of a reserved person. Let's see how this turns out.

As I walk into the dean's office, my heart is pounding. I go to my first class and the teacher asks me to introduce myself. "Hey guys, I'm Alexandra and I know you guys probably don't understand anything I'm saying but too bad, right?" I sign and chuckle a bit which makes a few students' heads tilt. One great thing about being deaf is that I don't get to listen to the hate but I can still read their faces and lips. I don't let it affect me anyway.

As I go and sit on the only empty seat, I see the girl beside me wave, I wave back. "Hey, nice to meet you. I'm Julia."  she signs and i sign back "Nice to meet you too."   Wait, she signs?!???
"You know sign language?" I ask her. "Yeah, my sister is partially deaf." I make an 'oh' face and smile at her. She smiles back, she's very pretty. "I love your eyes." she signs and I practically melt. This is one of the best compliments a human can receive. "Thank you. Julia."

As the bell for the break rings, I can sense the vibrations and get up. Julia looks a bit surprised. "The vibrations, huh?"  I chuckle and nod. "Wanna grab lunch together?" she asks me. How can I say no to food? "Sure, let's go." and we head towards the cafeteria. As I turn around to look at Julia, I get caught up by those same ocean blue eyes that I saw in the morning. I can feel my cheeks heat up but I hide it pretty well. He's already staring at me. He's the prettiest boy I've ever seen. I quickly look away and walk towards Julia. We get lunch and start eating while 'talking', we exchanged numbers. 1st friend accomplished on this college journey.

I start walking to class when I see a girl clinging to the blue eyed boy. She's gorgeous. I can't help but feel a bit insecure. I quickly vanish all these thoughts and walk away but I can feel someone's gaze on me. I look back and we make eye contact, the blue eyed guy. I don't look away this time but then I bump into someone. I look up and see a guy hovering over me. He's so tall, oh my. I find him on the floor grabbing my books which fell, I reach to get my books and our hands brush. I look at him and his cheeks are a bit red. He's saying something "Hey, you're new?"  I can read his lips and nod as I get up. He says something else but I can't really pick it up. I do a 'i can't hear' gesture and the face he made, poor guy. He looked so sorry. I chuckle and as I was about to pull out my phone and type 'It's okay', I felt it vibrate and saw that mom was calling. I had a doctor's appointment. I quickly waved at him and rushed away. I can still feel the blue eyed guy's gaze on me as I walk away. I look back once and see him glaring furiously at the guy I bumped with and make eye contact with him. His cheeks heat up and he looks away. I can't help but chuckle and I walk away. I wonder what he's so furious about.

Walking into the hospital, I can smell that smell of disinfectants and I immediately go back to the memories of dad. He was my everything, my family was my everything. I can't help
but tear up. I've been diagnosed with PTSD and honestly, I can see it. Insomnia, nightmares, emotional detachment, unwanted thoughts, loss of interest, pleasure in activities, guilt, loneliness, flashback, fear, severe anxiety, mistrust. They all sound like me. I could feel the anxiety build up in my chest. I feel like I can't breath.

As I see my mom waiting, I feel a sense of relief come over me and I run and hug her. I'm trying my hardest not to cry. She could sense that and hugged me tighter. I relaxed and let her go. We then went to the doctor's chamber and we did my normal tests just to get disappointing results like always. The accident ruined me. It ruined my family, my hearing and my peace.

Author's note.
Thank you for reading. Try to follow me on insta for sneak peaks, writerxahofficial is my username. 2 votes for the next chapter, I know you can do it <3. Thank you for reading, mwah~

Word count - 893 words.