0| "𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘭"

"THAT DAMN HOTEL"(prologue) •••

"THAT DAMN HOTEL"
(prologue)
•••

"That fucking whore!"

At the sound of the loud shatter that follows the loud vulgarity, you peer your head into the open doorway that leads to a hot pink bedroom. Your eyes settle on the source of the noise, his slender hands reaching out to swat a vase off of the dresser, shattering upon impact on the floor.

His crimson eyes dart toward you, and you're quick to adjust your posture, stepping hesitantly into the room. "What happened?" You ask, feeling yourself tense under his harsh gaze.

"Fucking Angel Dust happened!" He scoffs, throwing his cell phone across the room, letting it land safely on his plush mattress. "I made him, you know!? Who the hell does he think he is!? Ignoring my calls, skipping work!? I own him!"

You don't dare take your eyes off of him, keeping a keen eye on his flailing hands, ensuring that they are not yet directed at you. "Angel is blowing off work?" You ask, and the mere repentance of the words causes him to growl. "Ah- well- I just meant— if you'd like, I can fill in for him?"

The suggestion of you taking over Angel's role in his upcoming film makes him scoff out a cruel laugh. "You? Are you delusional? Angie is my best actor, a goddamn ATM for this studio." He steps forward, taking hold of your chin between his index finger and thumb, tilting your head back to force eye contact. "You're nothing compared to Angie, Y/N. You do that film, and we'll go fucking bankrupt. So, stick to the roles I give you, and know your place."

Your eyes dart to the side, landing on the mirror on the wall. It's true, of course, that Angel Dust's presence is unmatched, and it's near impossible to replace him. He is magnetic, drawing in viewers in like moths to flame. "I'm sorry, Valentino."

Valentino's eyes narrow and a sinister grin tugs at his lips. "There you go." He drops your chin and sighs, shedding his fur coat and letting it fall to the floor, looking around his ankles. "You might be stupid beyond belief," he begins, and you flinch a bit. "But at least you listen to me. It's so hard to find loyal work these days, am I right?"

There is no apparent opportunity for you to respond, because there's a crackling sound in the wall, a spark of electricity running through the wire of Valentino's hairdryer, and then there stands Vox, tall and proud beside you. Your eyes immediately fall to the ground, and you're pretty sure you'll never quite get used to the way he travels and appears so unexpectedly.

"I heard you had a tantrum." Vox says, his attention immediately zeroing in on Valentino, who is now dramatically draped across his bed. "What is it this time?"