13| "𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘴"

"FUCK CONTRACTS"•••

"FUCK CONTRACTS"
•••

"Brutal hangover, huh?" Husker asks, looking up from his current task: wiping down his bar's filthy counter. You look up at him tiredly, struggling to so much as keep your eyes open.

"Maybe," You shrug and feel an involuntarily genuine smile tug at your lips. "I think a drink would fix that."

He chuckles under his breath, reaching for a glass under the counter. "I thought you were tryin' to quit drinkin'?"

"It's not drinking I have a problem with." Your lazy smile turns into a grin. "It's drugs. And, I haven't had any in, like... a few days, I guess." You lean over the counter. "Sooo... it's fine, right?"

Husker raises an eyebrow, filling the glass with ice, then pouring whiskey on top. He slides it to you. "It's a little early for anything else." He explains his choice in beverage, reaching for his own bottle of rum, taking a long swig. He catches your gaze and smirks. "If you call me a hypocrite, I'm takin' your drink back."

"I didn't say anything." You raise one hand in mock surrender, the other reaching for your glass. You raise it to your lips, but just before you can take a sip, the gateway to heaven opens in the center of the parlor, and Vaggie and Charlie fall out. The gate closes immediately behind them.

They get back to their feet quickly, and Vaggie chases after Charlie, who beelines for the stairs. "Charlie, wait—!"

"Leave me alone, Vaggie!" She pleads, running upstairs. There's some faint footsteps, then the loud slamming of her bedroom door. Vaggie groans and tugs at her face.

You set your untouched drink back on the counter and hop off the stool. "What happened—"

Vaggie glares at you. "I don't see why it's any of your business." With that, she scoffs and storms off in her own direction— presumably to the bathroom.

Your shoulders slump, the hand you'd stretched toward her falling back to your side. Husker snorts and leans his weight against the bar, cocking his head to one side.

"Fuck is her problem?" He asks, glancing between you and Vaggie's retreating form. Husker sighs and shrugs, taking another long gulp from his bottle. "Actually, I don't wanna know."

Alastor seemingly manifests himself behind you, placing a hand on your shoulder. "Hello!" He greets flamboyantly, and you stumble forward in surprise. "Aha, I didn't mean to startle you, my dear!"

"It's, uh... all good." You clear your throat and turn to face him properly. His grin widens. "Do you know why Charlie and Vaggie are... doing that?"