11| "𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘳"

"DAMNATION DINER"•••

"DAMNATION DINER"
•••

"This is going to be uh-mazing!" Charlie cheers, her much taller figure walking closely beside you, her hands clasped together eagerly. "I hear that this place is suuuper good! I always wanted to take Vaggie, but she always had an excuse for not wanting to go." She shrugs, spinning around before hurrying back up to catch up again. "I'm so excited! Who did you say we were meeting, again?"

You smile awkwardly, but a part of you feels immensely guilty for just how pumped up she is. The poor girl is literally unable to sit still from the sheer power of her giddiness, and you're more or less using her, like Vaggie said, as a bodyguard. It's not that you don't want to spend time with her, these just aren't the right circumstances. "Velvette. She works with Val, which is why I'm... not entirely convinced she's doing this just to give me my phone back. I've also never actually met her, but I know she helped Val with a lot of the shitty things he does, so..."

"Don't worry! It'll be awesome." She insists, tilting her head to get a better look at you. "And, if it goes well, and she's here on good intentions, then that's even better! Because then we'll have something of an ally within the Vees! Right?"

"Um... yeah." You nod, but you're not so sure. Her endless optimism worries you, like she's bound to jinx something.

Arriving outside of Damnation Diner, you feel a pressure in your chest and throat. There are so many fears building up inside of you all at once and— why the fuck did you agree to this? Because you're too nervous to ask someone at the hotel to help you buy a new phone? What if Valentino is in there instead of Velvette? You know yourself— you'll fold and start apologizing and go home with him if he does. He has you under contract, but if you can avoid seeing him in person, avoid the smoke that makes you some kind of slave to him, you'll be alright. So please, don't let him be in there.

'It's fine, it's fine. Charlie's here. She's the daughter of Lucifer, for fuck's sake.'

Charlie grabs your hand and pulls you into the restaurant, looking around in bewilderment. "Woww, this place is so fancy! Look, Y/N, the seats have cushions!"

It's nothing groundbreaking, but Charlie's right. The place is strangely nice, clean and elegant with fairly expensive furniture and food that actually smells good. That's a lot to ask for in Hell, so you're genuinely surprised.

"Yo, over here!" Comes a strong British accent, and your eyes snap across the diner to Velvette, dressed to the nines as always in frills and jewels. Charlie gasps and pulls you along, toward Velvette. Velvette's eyes widen and then swiftly narrow at the sight of Charlie. "You're underdressed, babe." She tells the blonde before moving her gaze back to you. "Oh, good, you dressed up as I told you to. You look fantastic- love it- you've gotta come sit. I got us a table for two... you'll have to pull up a chair, Princess."