6| "𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘰 𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦"

"RADIO ROMANCE"•••

"RADIO ROMANCE"
•••

The mattress is plush against your back, your body molded perfectly into the soft foam. One arm draped over your sweaty forehead, the other stretched out across the bed, your hand hanging slightly off the edge. The corners of the pillow you've sunken your head into cover your ears comfortably, numbing any sounds coming from downstairs or down the hall.

You've never been quite so comfortable in your life (or, rather, afterlife), but alas, the peace is interrupted by a loud crash from downstairs. You whine, rolling over to your stomach, burying your face in the pillow and clutching it as close as possible, damn near suffocating yourself. Just as you start to forget about the noise and doze back off, there's an equally loud "bang", followed by glass shattering.

With a loud, unapologetic groan, you pull yourself out of bed, putting a hand to your throbbing head. Meeting the gaze of your own eyes in the mirror, you cringe slightly. Even still, you persist, shoving open the bedroom door and starting down the stairs.

"Is everything okay?" You call out, looking around the lobby. Your eyes dart to Angel Dust and Sir Pentious, the two of them standing at the bottom of the staircase, hands on each other's collars, foreheads pressed together as they snarl at each other. "...Am I interrupting?"

"Hardly!" Sir Pentious declares, shoving Angel Dust to the side and cocking his head to the side and narrowing his eyes.

"He wishes." Angel Dust comments snidely, flipping his bangs out of his face and dusting himself off. "You look like shit." He raises a finger, waving it up and down as he inspects your tired form judgementally.

"How incredibly rude!" Sir Pentious snaps, putting his hands on his hips. "You are one to talk, Angel Dussst! You look like asss!"

"Oh, please. You wish you could have a taste of this ass." Angel Dust grins, winking suggestively before turning around and sashaying away, probably to the bar, but you don't bother investigating. Sir Pentious hisses, his face flushing a sort of dark crimson in embarrassment.

You continue on your path, finishing climbing down the stairs and finding yourself standing beside Sir Pentious. "What's got Angel so upset this early?" You ask, angling your body to get a better look at Pentious's face.

He perks up a bit, biting his lip nervously. "Oh! Well, it's nothing particularly—"

Sir Pentious never gets to finish his thought, because he's shoved out of the way by none other than Alastor, who takes his place before you, grinning dashingly.

"Aha! Good morning, Y/N, truly a pleasure— such a pleasure!" He beams, taking your hand in his cold, lifeless one. "I believe you owe me a peaceful stroll around the pentagram!"