A New Chapter

Disclaimer I do not own any of the characters from gate nor any of its bs its just Erdia and the concept of the nations within it

Revision done 4/11/2024
AN: Took me quite the time rewriting this due to complication from home and school.

3rd of Esvallia 1915.

Major Manroe sternly observed yet another illegal immigrant attempting to cross the borders, noticing a steady increase in their numbers.

Desperate pleas fell on deaf ears as the man begged for mercy, but duty prevailed. "Send them away," commanded the Major firmly.

Days like this dragged on relentlessly, each one a cruel reminder of the shattered lives left in the wake of a civil war.

Families torn apart as some were allowed passage while others faced rejection, their hopes dashed against the harsh reality of border politics.

The sudden attacks on the Gloni Border Companies only added to the pervasive sense of unease.

The memory of the sudden assaults in Ansver, which claimed countless lives, lingered like a haunting specter, a constant reminder of the ever-present danger lurking beyond the border.

In the midst of such chaos and uncertainty, one couldn't help but wonder why anyone would choose to remain in a nation torn apart by corruption and consumed by conflict.

The Major's contemplation was abruptly interrupted by his First Lieutenant, who reported, "Major, we've apprehended all the trespassers."

A nod. "First Lieutenant Marsh, don't be too formal," said the Major before sighing.

The First Lieutenant chuckled, "Why not? Not used to the rank?" said Marsh.

The Major slumped, nodding silently before casting his gaze back to the border, where barbed wires and wooden pillars stood as their support.

With towers erected every mile, they also had their own guardhouses stationed along the border.

Not far away, he could see the refugee camp with his bonocular, the problem only continuing to grow along with the threat it posed.

Those damned Cinyan politicians, they never even gave a damn about their own people. And of course, the problems were most certainly never because of that war.

The Major wanted to believe, sighing again this time in exhaustion, with the First Lieutenant growing increasingly concerned.

"You know, maybe you should take a bit of a break, Manroe," Marsh suggested, his tone tinged with concern.

Then again, he might be right, considered the Major. Ever since the 88th Light Reaction Force Regiment had been ordered to withdraw.

They had been left overstretched, especially his own company, which had previously been jointly manning Fort Gloni's operation with them.

Another pressing issue was the ever-increasing influx of refugees, with no signs of it slowing down.

This posed a significant problem as the potential for foreign spies and terrorists infiltrating their country grew larger by the day.

Consequently, the previously under-equipped border guards were equipped with military-grade gear.

Suddenly, Marsh stated, "You know, a lot of our guys... I mean, a lot of people within the border company see you in high regard," he said, glancing back towards the border.

The long lines of immigrants being still checked, their days seem to constantly worsen by the day.

Not to mention the attacks within the border and clashes against Cinyan separatists.