A Sudden Crisis

Marshal Abelia Von Frank stood in silence, as attacks from Cinya intensified, mobilizing local Esliledeo forces became a main priority.

Added to that was the sudden appearance of an entire army, with fantastical reports.

"Colonel Meigers, how long until the 7th Esliledeo Guard will be ready, and are there any other units closer besides the 88th Light Reaction Force Regiment?"Asked the Marshal

"Yes, Marshal. While the 7th Esliledeo Guard is still in preparation, the 88th could at least hold the enemy off."Answered Colonel Meigers.

"I see. How about on your end, Major Pyser? What's the actual situation on the ground? Numbers? Possible equipment?"The marshal Askel Another of his officers.

"Marshal, according to reports from the Gloni Border Company Guards, creatures described are similar to Goblin creatures, along with a pig that had human appendages."An answer came from Major Pyser

"Other reports indicate that whatever had attacked us were much more organized, with sightings of dragons as far as Newcane."

"Colonel Leighton, what's the response from the navy, and about the biplanes and landship?"Asked the marshal

"Marshal, we expect the 12nd Royal Fleet's arrival along with added marines, along with said biplanes and landships!"A quick answer coming from Colonel Leighton

"Captain Howe, once the landships arrive, send them to the front with haste. Use the Newcane railway."The Marshal gave a quick order

"Understood, Marshal!"Salunted the Captain.

"Captain Miclure, once the biplanes arrive, try to ensure our air superiority. We will have airships soon once they are deployed."Asked another of his Officer

"Understood, Marshal."

With orders sent, the marshal turned to the map of Aridian. It was uncertain with the mystery of the foreign army, yet one thing he knew he left was...

Saderan Forces, under the joint leadership of Legate Vescio and Senator Godasen, had swiftly invaded the promised land given by the gods, rapidly defeating the barbarians.

With the villages conquered and those that had resisted were slaughtered, while those that hadn't were taken as slaves.

Yet there was a problem, especially the men in Black who had used magical weapons against them.

Right now, reports coming from the Wyvern Corp now gave them the location of the men in black fortress.

Senator Godasen had ordered one of his Centurions, Borhos, to begin moving his force to begin the siege of the fortress of the men in black.

While also urging for Count Formal to send his own force, which was widely made up of demi-humans.

Yet the barbarian magic had utterly destroyed the wyvern corp, killing many of its wyvern riders when they tried to commit a hit and run.

Legion Legate Vescio stared at the map they had gathered.

Senator Godasen moved to speak, asking Count Formal on what he had gathered from the slaves, as most of the men in black had been killed.

Count Formal spoke, "From what I have gathered from 'prisoners', the lands we are at are called You-ear-fer, which is a part of this so-called Empire of Cinya."

Tribuni Mazzarese questioned about the men in black.

"Then, Count Formal, what do those barbarians know about the men in black?"

Count Formal looked to the tribuni but then stared at everyone within the tent. "I believe, Legates and tribunis, they are by far the biggest threat we would face."

Legate Vescio couldn't help but laugh. He wasn't certain why the count worried about such barbarians, after all, they are the mighty Empire of Sadera, chosen by the gods.

"Why so afraid about such, Count Formal?"

"Afraid?" asked the legate.

And so, Count Formal once again began ignoring the remarks by the legate.

"They are referred to as the 'Chartian Empire,' and that is the end of their border."

Senator Godasen began his orders, which would be clear with the agreement of most of their centurions, tribunes, and finally, the legate Viescio.

Soon, battle plans were drawn to begin their advance to the fortress of the men in black.

Gloni Border Guard Companies, under the command of Major Andre Manroe, had certainly been placed at a far higher position.

But Manroe's men had weathered the attacks of the dragons, plus dealing with demons and Cik refugees, had left them exhausted.

With most of the border guards being killed along with international aid workers being slaughtered by the foreign army.

From what remained, they had fallen back to the central base. The attempt by swift attacks by the dragons had forced them to abandon the barbed wires.

However, those dragons weren't so invincible when hit by heavy rifles and the stationed cannons.

"Sir, the foreign army has been spotted marching our way!" asked Lieutenant Basker.

"How many was it, Lieutenant?" asked the Major.

"Too many to count!" shouted the Lieutenant in shock.

Looking back, he grabbed his binoculars, watching the foreign army begin their advance to the border post.

He knew it would only be a matter of time before they would run out of ammunition. However, he had heard news that reinforcements would soon arrive.

The foreign army began their march over the dead of their auxiliaries.

The major ordered no shots to happen, yet high above, the damn dragons flew high above out of range, yet continued to left them in weary.

Ordered the four cannons they had, which originally numbered ten, to begin firing.

The foreign army comprised of ancient Sardian legionaries with their famed discipline.

The cannons torn the Saderan lines, killing many as they tried to reform.

They continued marching even as many of them fell to Chartian cannons. As they finally reached the barb line, they finally stopped.

Major Manroe watched as the final volley ended; that was the last of their ammunition.

Watching back, he finally gave the order to open fire, grabbing his own rifle as he began to shoot upon the foreign army, which they formed a turtle formation.

Yet it did little to stop the foreign army from continuing their march as many fell. Added to the enemy archers' attack, and they were in danger.

Lucky that Fort Gloni was built as sturdy as it was to prevent any invasion from Cinya; however, now it proved useful in defending against the foreign army.

Manroe continued to fire his rifle against the foreigners, yet now they were only miles away.

The foreigners began to charge; Manroe looked back to his lieutenant, ordering them back to his deeper within the post.

More and more of the legionaries died within the slits as the foreign army became even more desperate.

After hours upon hours of fighting, the legionaries finally retreated back to their lines.

Saderan Lines
Legate Viescio could see the exhausted legion beginning to pull back to camps; he was bitter, and soon he looked to his staff and Senator Godasen.

"It would only be a matter of time before the barbarians give in," the voice of certain heard from Centurion.

Yet Godasen knew better, looking at the amount of men that had died just to encircle them had been nearly 2,000.

And at least another 1,600 dead from their attempt to storm.

Yet many in the general staff could tell; the barbarians were biding time and certainly sending for their army. The only question was where.

Tribune Rogelius finally arrived to answer there question.