Allied Army and The Question of Allegance

Disclaimer I do not own any of the characters from gate nor any of its bs its just Erdia and the concept of the nations within it

10th of March, 687 A.D

King Duran oversaw his army as they continued their march past the Tybe Mountain. His army was soon to reach the encampment in Alnus Hill, yet something was already amiss.

Duran knew he wasn't the only one experiencing disappearing scouts and foraging parties. Other Allied armies had also encountered such disappearances.

Thankfully, as they neared the encampment in Alnus, the incidents lessened, yet the fear lingered. The men grew restless, much to Duran's frustration. They couldn't track down the source or find where they were. Wyvern scouts weren't much help when they flew high above, risking their lives, especially considering their limited numbers.

"My lord, we're nearing the encampment in Alnus Hill," one of Duran's retainers interrupted his thoughts.

As soon as they arrived, Duran was called upon. Giving orders to his men to rest and prepare for the coming battle, the Lion of Elbe neared the Command Post, where he could hear arguing among the commanders of the vassal armies.

As he entered, he saw the King of Mudwan and the King of Alguna arguing over whether they should attack now or wait.

The King of Mudwan pushed for using this time to dig in and establish siege weapons with the Duke Merain Engineers, while the King of Alguna wanted to launch an immediate attack tomorrow.

Duran listened intently until the League Principality, Duke Ligu, asked for his opinion.

"So, Lord Duran, what do you believe is the best course of action right now? Though I agree with Alguna," asked Duke Ligu.

Duran eyed him for a moment before finally voicing his concern aloud. "Where the hell is the Imperial Army?" His words hung heavy in the air, leaving the entire tent in utter silence.

With the question lingering in everyone's mind, 'Where the hell is the Imperial Army?', a sense of weariness settled over the gathering.

The king of Mudwan broke the silence first. "Has anyone spotted even a single sign of the Imperial Army?" His inquiry was met with complete silence.

Not a single trace of the Imperial Army had been spotted. No Imperial soldiers, no messengers-absolutely nothing. Suspicion hung heavy in the air.

Amidst the growing uncertainty, it was one of the Allied Army commanders, Duke Varland, who voiced what many were thinking. "So did Emperor Molt simply send us here to do the Imperial bidding?" His question stirred further doubt, yet silence fell once more when Duke Ligu rose and countered, "And so what if he did? Isn't it all the better? We'll seize the glory and showcase our power even more."

He was swiftly countered by a weary King of Mudwan "And so what win a pointless battle for the empire? an empire that doesn't even care for us?" with a weary view.

An argument brewed as the realization sank in: the absence of the Imperial Army meant one thing to many. Either the Imperials had suffered a severe defeat, compelling them to delegate their tasks to the allied forces, or Emperor Molt was manipulating them. Yet, it was the Lion of Elbe who, with a weary tone, posed a crucial question, "Has any of you even come close to capturing the foes who attacked our scouts and foraging parties?" Once again, silence fell over the tent, punctuating the weight of their predicament.

As they advanced towards Alnus Hill, the initial attacks were frequent, with the Mudwan army suffering the most casualties, totaling over 1,000. Despite their losses, they hadn't managed to capture a single foreigner.