m.r ☆ friendly neighbourhood spiderman

modern!au, spider-man mattheo

゜・。. ° ° . 。・゜

you rested up in your bed, the light pitter patter of rain pouring up against your window. the sky was a gloomy, dreadful grey. despite the dim - depressing outside, you were fully engrossed in your book.

rainy days were the best, tucked up in bed, shitty, cheap fairy lights hanging by a thread covered your walls, a hot cup of tea and a book.

thankfully - you had the day off of work, and there would ve been no better way to waste your day away than engulfed in a fully fictional world of your own as you read about men that simply would never exist in the real world.

you sipped the fruit tea, realising you maybe went a bit overboard with the honey but it was good - nonetheless. and with the cost of living crisis it's not exactly like you'd waste away a, somewhat, good cup of tea.

you rolled your eyes, setting the book down as you looked out your window. for fucks sake. you let out a huff, opening the window to let the red and blue suited man in.

"mattheo what have i told you about coming to mine? especially in your costume," you shut the window as he climbed into your room.

"lovely to see you too," he sat down on your desk chair.

"fuck! mattheo you're bleeding!" you grabbed his wrist and pulled him up, leading him into the hardly made-for two bathroom. "sit," you told him and he sat up on the counter.

"it's not that bad," he finally took his mask off, a cut visible on his nose. there was splatters of blood all over his face, his forehead covered in a thin layer of sweat yet he still looked amazing.

"not that bad? are you fucking joking me?" you couldn't even look at him - more so focused on trying to gather items to patch him up with.

it wasn't unusual, matthe showing up to your flat unannounced. though you had told him multiple times that it wasn't safe for the spider man to wander into some random flat in the middle of london.

you didn't want any of his stupid enemies trying to hunt you down - gosh, mattheo would go batshit insane if anyone ever laid a hand on you.
despite that - the stupid fucker was at your flat, once again.

"well at least i'm alive.?" he shrugged.

"best believe you won't be alive if you keep getting injured like this," mattheo hissed as you wiped him down with some rubbing alcohol. "do stupid things, get stupid consequences."

mattheo was fighting his smile back - adoring the way you were mad at him yet still were helping him. "i'll be okay," he tucked a loose strand of hair behind your ear.

you stood between his legs, arms on either side of him as you looked down. "i really care about you, mattheo. i don't like seeing you hurt," your eyes watered as you made eye contact with him.

as much as it hurt you that he was visibly injured and bleeding - he still looked as good as ever. the cut on his nose was truly something.

"i know, baby. but it's kind of my job, you know? your friendly neighbourhood spider man?" he placed a hand on one of your cheeks as he admired you, using his sweet, gentle eyes on you.

"i fucking hate you, you know that, right?" you looked away as a smile spread across your lips.

"you gotta admit though, it's a flex to call spider man your boyfriend," mattheo chuckled.

"sweetheart i think you forgot the part where only i know you're spider man. and ned - and auntie may."

❃゜・。. ・°゜✼ ゜°・ . 。・゜❃