Unexpected Rivals | Leighton Murray

You, Y/N, are at a typical college party, the music loud and the atmosphere buzzing with excitement. Suddenly, a jock from the football team, known for his charm, corners you. Before you can react, he leans in and kisses you. Shocked, you push him away immediately.

Unknown to you, Leighton Murray, your girlfriend, has been watching the whole scene unfold from across the room. Seeing the jock's unwanted advance, she feels a surge of anger. She strides over, her eyes burning with fury.

"Hey!" Leighton shouts, grabbing the jock's attention. He turns, surprised to see her. "What do you think you're doing?"

The jock smirks, "Just having some fun, Murray."

"Well, Y/N isn't your plaything," Leighton retorts, her voice icy. "She's my girlfriend, and you had no right to kiss her."

The jock looks taken aback at her assertiveness, mumbling a half-hearted apology before slinking away.

Leighton turns to you, her anger replaced with concern. "Are you okay, baby?" she asks, her voice soft.

You nod, touched by her protectiveness. "I'm okay, thanks to you," you say, leaning into her.

After the party, you, Y/N, return to your dorm suite, still shaken from the incident. Bella and Whitney try to distract you with their chatter, but your mind keeps wandering back to what happened. You're also worried about Leighton, who disappeared after confronting the jock.

Meanwhile, Leighton is at the principal's office, recounting the incident. She explains how the jock had disrespected you and violated your personal space. The principal listens carefully, and after a thorough investigation, the jock is expelled from the university.

When Leighton returns to the suite, she finds you sitting on the couch, lost in thought. "Y/N," she begins, sitting down next to you, "I went to the principal's office and reported what happened."

You look at her, surprised. "You did?"

She nods, "Yes, and they've decided to expel him. He won't bother you again."

Relief washes over you, and you can't help but lean in, pressing your lips to Leighton's in a soft, grateful kiss. "Thank you, Leighton," you whisper against her lips, "You always know how to make things right."

Leighton smiles, wrapping her arms around you. And in that moment, you realize just how lucky you are to have Leighton in your life, someone who stands up for you and cares about your well-being.

The next day, as you're walking across the football field, you're hit by a football. The jock's friends, angry about their friend's expulsion, had deliberately aimed the ball at you. You return to your suite with a bruise on your cheek, trying to hide the pain.

Leighton is on her phone when you enter, but Whitney notices the bruise immediately. "Y/N, what happened to your cheek?" she asks, concern evident in her voice.

At Whitney's words, Leighton looks up from her phone, her eyes widening as she sees your bruise. "Y/N, who did this to you?" she demands, her voice filled with anger.

You hesitantly explain what happened, and Leighton's anger only intensifies. She stands up, ready to confront the jocks, but you stop her. "Leighton, they're not worth it," you say, trying to calm her down. She nods reluctantly, going to get ice for your bruise instead.

The next morning, you, Leighton, Whitney, Kimberly, and Bella are at the library. Leighton spots the football team and, before you can stop her, she strides over to them. "Stay away from Y/N," she yells, her voice echoing in the silent library. "Or else I'll make sure you all pay for what you did."

The football team looks shocked, and the rest of the library stares in silence. As Leighton returns to your table, you can't help but feel a sense of pride. You may have a bruise, but you also have Leighton, a girlfriend who will always stand up for you.