Starlit Love | Leighton Murray

From the tender age of six, Leighton Murray and Y/N were the best of friends. Their parents, seeing the unique bond between them, would regularly arrange play dates. Their childhood was filled with laughter, shared secrets, and countless memories that helped forge an unbreakable friendship.

As they grew older, their individual passions began to shape their personalities. Leighton was a math enthusiast, her mind a labyrinth of numbers and equations. Y/N, on the other hand, found her sanctuary in the realm of literature. Despite their contrasting interests, they found a way to appreciate each other's passions, which deepened their bond.

When they turned 15, Y/N found her feelings for Leighton evolving. She was falling in love with her, enchanted by her intelligence and her unwavering passion for math. However, she chose to guard her feelings, fearing that confessing might change the dynamics of their precious friendship.

Upon entering college, Y/N found a confidante in Whitney, a vivacious girl who quickly became a close friend. Y/N confided in Whitney about her feelings for Leighton. Whitney, with her playful nature, would often tease Y/N about her unconfessed love. Their shared giggles and whispers, though meant to be private, piqued Leighton's curiosity.

One day, unable to contain her curiosity, Leighton asked Y/N and Whitney about their secretive laughter. Y/N, taken by surprise, quickly thought of a diversion. She confessed to having a crush on a girl from their math class. Technically, she wasn't lying - Leighton was indeed in her math class. But the truth was far from it.

Their college life was a whirlwind of study sessions, shared meals, and late-night conversations. Y/N found herself captivated by Leighton's explanations of complex math problems, her heart fluttering every time she saw Leighton's eyes light up with passion. She would often catch herself daydreaming about Leighton, her thoughts filled with 'what ifs' and 'maybes'.

Leighton, on the other hand, was blissfully unaware of Y/N's feelings. She saw her as her best friend, the girl who had always been there for her, through every high and low. She was oblivious to the fact that Y/N's heart held more than just friendship for her.

The question remains, will Y/N ever gather the courage to confess her feelings? Or will she continue to hide her love, cherishing their friendship from afar, holding on to her secret love? As they navigate their way through college, their bond continues to grow, their story unfolding with each passing day. Only time will tell what the future holds for them.

Later that night, as the moon cast a soft glow over the campus, Leighton found herself unable to sleep. She decided to take a walk, hoping the cool night air would help clear her mind. As she passed by Y/N's dorm room, she overheard a conversation that stopped her in her tracks.

"Come on, Y/N! You can't keep hiding your feelings for Leighton. You literally stare at her every chance you get," Whitney's voice echoed through the slightly ajar window.

"No, Whitney, I'm still not ready. What if she doesn't love me back? What if this could ruin our friendship?" Y/N's voice was filled with uncertainty and fear.

Leighton's heart pounded in her chest as she listened to the conversation. The realization hit her like a wave. The feelings she had been experiencing for Y/N weren't just platonic. She wasn't just a best friend or a sister to her; she loved Y/N romantically.

The revelation left Leighton with a whirlwind of emotions. She had always been there for Y/N, supported her, cared for her, but she had never considered that her feelings might be more than friendship. She thought about the way Y/N's laughter brightened her day, how her heart skipped a beat every time their hands accidentally brushed, and how she always looked forward to their late-night study sessions. It all made sense now.

As she walked back to her room, her mind was filled with thoughts of Y/N. She knew she had a lot to think about, and a decision to make. Would she confront Y/N about what she had overheard? Or would she keep it to herself, just as Y/N had done? Only time would tell. But one thing was certain, their friendship was about to take a turn, and things between them would never be the same.

A week had passed since Leighton overheard the conversation between Y/N and Whitney. During that time, she had been avoiding Y/N, needing space to process her feelings and decide what to do next. She was caught between her newfound romantic feelings and the fear of jeopardizing their friendship.

One night, under the starlit sky, Leighton finally mustered the courage to confront Y/N. She found Y/N sitting alone in their usual spot, a quiet corner of the campus where they often studied together.

"Y/N, we need to talk," Leighton started, her voice barely above a whisper. Y/N looked up at her, surprised by the serious tone in her voice.

Leighton took a deep breath and continued, "I overheard your conversation with Whitney last week. I... I know about your feelings for me." Y/N's eyes widened in shock, and she opened her mouth to speak, but Leighton held up her hand to stop her.

"And I need to tell you something," Leighton said, looking directly into Y/N's eyes. "I've been doing a lot of thinking, and I've realized... I feel the same way. I love you, Y/N. Not just as a friend, but as more. I don't want to hide these feelings anymore."

The silence that followed was deafening. Y/N stared at Leighton, her mind racing to process what she had just heard. Then, a slow smile spread across her face, her eyes shining with unshed tears.

"I love you too, Leighton," Y/N confessed, her voice choked with emotion. And in that moment, under the twinkling stars, they both let out a breath they didn't realize they had been holding.

From that night forward, Leighton and Y/N were more than just best friends. They began dating, their relationship blossoming into a beautiful love story. They were no longer just two friends sharing a journey; they were two hearts beating in unison, their love story just beginning to unfold.

After that heartfelt confession, they both sat in silence, letting the words sink in. The tension was palpable, and the air around them was charged with a mix of emotions. The silence was broken by Y/N's soft laughter. "I can't believe we've been in love with each other and didn't even realize it," she said, a hint of amusement in her voice.

Leighton chuckled, her heart swelling with happiness. "I know, it's crazy, isn't it?" she replied, her eyes never leaving Y/N's face.

In the soft glow of the moonlight, Leighton found herself drawn to Y/N. She reached out, gently tucking a loose strand of hair behind Y/N's ear. Y/N's breath hitched, and she looked up at Leighton, her eyes reflecting the moonlight.

Leighton leaned in, closing the distance between them. Y/N's eyes fluttered closed, and in that moment, under the starlit sky, they shared their first kiss. It was soft and sweet, a perfect reflection of their feelings for each other.

When they pulled away, they were both smiling, their hearts beating in sync. From that night forward, Leighton and Y/N were more than just best friends. They were lovers, their relationship blossoming into a beautiful love story. Their journey was just beginning, and they couldn't wait to see where it would take them.