Overture

Warnings: Swearing, mention of alcohol, sexual comments

Charlie was sitting in one of the hotel's room reading the story of hell. She read it aloud to herself because she liked to narrate the story. After reading it, she looked out the window where she saw signs of destruction.

It was the day of the extermination a few days ago. It was over by now, but as always, it left a terrible state behind. Charlie hated that. That is why she wanted the demons to be redeemed. She didn't want them slaughtered. She wanted them to go to a better place.

And that better place was heaven. But no matter how much heaven is described as a wonderful place, if this same wonderful place does such destruction. Heaven was afraid that hell would rise up against them, so they decided against extermination. But maybe, if they didn't exterminate most of hell every year, then maybe the demons wouldn't want to rebel.

Charlie continued to look at Pentagram City in horror. She was so engrossed in the horror of the scene that she didn't even notice that a figure had entered the room.

"Princess?" came the voice, and Charlie threw the key in her hand in fright, which turned into a one-eyed black cat, KeeKee. She turned to see Y/N looking at her curiously.

"Oh Y-Y/N! Hi! What are you doing here?" she was silent for a moment. "You...heard all of this?" She was slightly embarrassed knowing that the demon who had caught her interest too quickly could hear her entire speech.

"Well, I actually heard the whole thing. But don't worry, I think you're doing a great job of telling the story." Charlie didn't understand how she could embarrass her with such simple words. "Oh, really? Thank you." Y/N walked over and took a seat next to her. "Is everything alright?"

Charlie sighed. "I get pretty worked up after an extermination happens." She looked out the window again for a moment, then glanced at the book. "This story helps."

Y/N was listening intently, but she knew something else was bothering her. "Are you sure that's all?" Charlie sighed again and looked away. She's only known this demon for a week, but she's already unable to hide anything from her. "I'm fine just...thinking ya know, family stuff."

"I have a feeling it has something to do with your mother." Charlie mentally cursed the demon for finding out so easily. "Well...yeah. You know, I haven't heard from her in a while." she explained. "How long?" Charlie thought. A very long time actually.

"Not that long, only...seven...years...Off doing something important, I'm sure. But this kingdom was something she really cared about. Something I care about." She smiled faintly, but she was actually sad that she couldn't interact with her mother. She really wondered what she could have done.

"Well, even if your mom isn't here, we're still here." assured Y/N. Charlie looked at her a little surprised, but immediately smiled. It was just a few simple words, but even that was enough to make her heart skip a beat. She knew she had developed feelings for her too quickly, but she just couldn't resist. She was irresistible.

She slowly grabbed her hands and pulled them closer. Y/N flinched at the contact again, but this time she exceptionally didn't pull her hands away. "I just hope what I'm trying to do here will work." Only after that did she realize that she was holding her hands. Her face flushed slightly, then she quickly pulled her hands away. "Sorry." she mumbled as Y/N just waved.

"You know, your dream is interesting. But even if it succeeds, it would still be difficult to achieve." Y/N said. "I know. And that's exactly why I'm going to fight for it. I'm going to do everything I can to succeed!" She walked a little closer to her. "Plus, you're all here by my side. And that means a lot to me."