The Show Must Go On

Warnings: Swearing, death and its description

After a month, the hotel and the cannibals were in full preparation for the upcoming extermination. Everyone got the right angelic weapons and, mainly thanks to Vaggie, they got the right fighting skills.

There was only one day left until the extermination. Charlie also gave an inspiring speech and told how grateful she was to everyone and how much she loved them.

By now everyone was at the hotel and drinking. It was the last day and Charlie told everyone to live like there was no tomorrow. They hoped for the best, but anything could happen. That's why they had to take advantage of every moment.

While the others drank and talked, Alastor, Y/N, and Niffty watched them from the upper level.

"Ah, the celebratory night before a courageous last stand. It's been a surprising thrill to witness these wayward souls find connection. Almost makes one sentimental, eh Niffty and darling?" Alastor asked the two girls as he leaned against the railing.

"I really like them, Alastor. They let me put on roach puppet shows without booing!" Niffty said happily then looked up at Y/N who smiled at her. She put another smile on her face and quickly climbed onto her shoulder.

"Ahh, an enjoyable collective to be around. I admit one could get accustomed." Alastor sighed contentedly, then looked slightly surprised at Niffty as she climbed onto his head and placed a crown made of cockroaches and pieces of wood on his head. He glanced to the side and saw that Y/N already had one on her head.

"I dub thee King Roach and the Princess Roach." Niffty said as she climbed back onto Y/N's shoulder.

"Oh, to understand your twisted little mind." Alastor said then he and Niffty started laughing. Y/N just looked at the two with a slight smile and a confused look. She didn't understand exactly what they were laughing at, but it didn't really matter.

Meanwhile downstairs, Charlie looked at Y/N with longing eyes. The extermination was only for one day and she still didn't do anything to confess her love to her. Now even Pentious took it upon himself to tell Cherri how he felt. He was brave unlike her.

Vaggie, who had walked away from Cherri so Pentious could confess to her in peace, walked next to Charlie. She saw that her gaze was elsewhere so she followed it until Y/N was in her line of sight. She let out a small sigh and nudged the blonde's shoulder to get her attention.

Charlie turned to her in surprise and tried to pretend she wasn't staring.

"Vaggie! Are you okay? Do you need anything?" she asked as Vaggie sighed again. "I think the real question is whether you need something."

Charlie didn't understand what she meant at first, but eventually she got it. She blushed slightly and looked to the side.

Vaggie swore she was more frustrated with Charlie's lack of advances than Charlie herself.

"Charlie, listen. I know you're scared. I know you're unsure of her feelings. Because really, there's no way to know for sure. But I'm sure she likes you." Charlie looked at her now with slight surprise.

"I think she and I understand each other well. That's why I know she behaves differently with you. The way she doesn't with anyone else here."

Charlie smiled faintly. She had been thinking a lot about what Rosie had told her lately. She said similar things like Vaggie now. Rosie didn't see Y/N's behavior towards her, but Vaggie did. If there was anyone Charlie could really believe, it was probably Vaggie.