Part IV

First off, I want to thank everyone who wished me happy birthday yesterday. I appreciate it.

Second, sorry this chapter is kinda messy. I was struggling to make it dramatic.

Enjoy.

The day of the Rose Moon Ball arrived, and the Trolls couldn't be more excited. Not even Clay, whose choice date was keeping track of party expenses.

"Clay, if you don't mind my asking, how come you don't have an actual date?" Poppy asked curiously as they put up the last of the decorations with Branch, Willow, and Floyd, while Flower played in a box of rose petals. "You won't be the only Troll without one, but you didn't even seem to try looking."

"Well," he said, "there was this lovely lady I would've gone with, but things aren't quite as lovely anymore."

"Why not?" Branch wondered.

"She, uh... got pregnant and I wasn't the father."

The other Trolls blinked in surprise.

"Wow," Willow muttered.

"We're sorry to hear about that," Floyd said sympathetically.

"Eh, I'm over it now," Clay insisted. "Still, I decided to take a break from girls. No stress, no mess."

"I still wike you, Unkie Cway," Flower said.

"Aww, I like you, too, my little pollen puff!" Clay gushed as he lightly tickled the little princess's nose, making her giggle. "You're so cute. Aw, yeah..."

"Aww!" Poppy said sweetly. "What about you, Floyd? Who are you going with?"

To answer the Pop queen's question, Floyd grabbed a flower, tossed it at a passing Troll, hitting his head, and he looked over at Floyd, who shyly pointed at him, then himself, and did a little dance. The other Troll smiled and nodded.

"Oh, that was smooth, dude," Clay said in approval as Floyd blushed. "I always knew you had it in you."

"Real nice," Willow admitted. "It's too bad John Dory couldn't make it."

"What are you talking about?" Poppy asked.

"Well, he doesn't have a date and prefers to..." Willow paused for a moment. "Wait, what are you talking about?"

"John Dory's coming, he told me," Poppy revealed. "He won't be bringing a date, but he'll be here tonight. Who knows, maybe can mingle with the other single Pringles."

Willow and the bros stared at Poppy as she laughed at her own joke.

"Uh, honey?" Branch said. "I love you, but that was corny."

"Is that a good idea?" Floyd asked in concern. "John Dory hasn't been feeling well, maybe he should stay with Rhonda."

"He hasn't?" Poppy asked. "He always seemed fine to me while we worked together. Even if he had to excuse himself every five mi... Oh."

"Would you all excuse me for a moment?" Willow said before flying off, confusing her friends.

"Does she know something we don't?" Clay wondered.

Willow found Rhonda napping in a meadow and swooped down to peek through one of her windows to see John Dory wiping his goggles clean with a rag and his own spit. On his sofa was a black leather jacket with a red fur collar and sleek black pants.

"Okay, I think I shined it up enough," John Dory said to himself as he carefully slipped them back on, making sure not to touch the egg. Suddenly, he heard someone knocking on the door and went to find Willow hovering with a scowl on her face.