Chapter 27: Acting different?

From here I request you all to read the story keeping yourself in theirs shoes

From here I request you all to read the story keeping yourself in theirs shoes. If you were already doing it well and good.This way you will understand and enjoy the story better.

Before reading this chapter keep one thing in mind that Abhi have his own insecurities and trust issues and not to judge him quickly.
Let's start.

On the other side

His phone rang, and he picked it up immediately, as if he was eagerly waiting for the call. He put the phone to his ear, "sir, your work will be done." Someone spoke from the other side, and he ended the call with a smirk, not even caring to reply anything.

He walked into the dark room and switched on the lights, as a result the room lit up. The room was all empty except for a few chairs, but the walls were full of pictures.

There were pictures all over the walls, and it was all of a single person. "You underestimated me, now that will be fun." He said dangerously slow looking at the pictures as his eyes turned dark.

Still looking at the pictures, he called someone,
" are my tickets for India booked." He said in a completely different voice. A voice which was filled with authority but lack the madness which was heard before, as if he was a complete different person who was speaking now.

After confirming a few more things, he cut the call. "Here I come" he said with a devilish smirk looking at the pictures and the madness was back in his voice.

●♡♡♡♡♡●

Abhi's POV :

Few weeks later

"Pass the spoon Shivani" I said to her, serving myself the delicious poha she made for the breakfast. Frowning, I looked at her as she didn't act. What's wrong with her, she is really zoning out these days.

Most of the time she seems lost, as if in deep thoughts. "Shivani....shivani.." I called again, a little loudly, yet she didn't answer.

"Shivani" I said, finally shaking her a little and she gasped. I looked at her confusingly at her such reaction, while her eyes finally fell on me.

I don't know if what I saw was right because her eyes were filled with fear when they met mine but the emotions vanished as soon as it appeared.

"Hey, are you ok?" I said, cupping her cheeks with concern. She is behaving different these days. I don't know what is wrong, but there is something off for sure. I can feel it. First I thought she might be missing our family, but no, that's not the case.

There is something troubling her. But no matter how much I asked her, her answer would be the same "yes, all good" she said, slowly removing my hand, trying to smile at me, but it didn't reach her eyes, see like I said.