Ch05

I done put her heart inside my pocket,
I ain't gon' nevеr lose it

Isis never thought she would be straddling Mooda holding a piece of her dress on his chest wound when she agreed to come with him

Isis never thought she would be straddling Mooda holding a piece of her dress on his chest wound when she agreed to come with him. She felt her heart beating through her fingertips as she pressed harder into the wound. How could someone you call your friend shoot you? That was the question that was roaming through her head.

"Ma'am we got it from here," The paramedics said as they removed her hands. Isis stood up feeling the tears streaming down her face.

"Is he going to be okay?" She asked as they moved the stretcher.

"We're going to try our best" Isis didn't like that answer as she followed them towards the ambulance.

"Man imma go with them," Tutu said as he followed the EMTs.

"No I'll go just give me your number and I'll text you what hospital we're at" Isis cut him off. Tutu looked at her but agreed with her as he watched Isis enter the ambulance.

"Let me know what happens imma call his family" Isis just nodded as she held on to his hand.

"You're gonna get through this I promise," Isis said as tears streamed down her face.

This life had left me so scarred,
I'm knowing that's true

Mooda lay there irritated as he listened to the monitor's constant beeping

Mooda lay there irritated as he listened to the monitor's constant beeping. He had different things hooked to him leaving him uncomfortable. His family kept annoying him by asking him useless questions. He had different thoughts running through his mind but he wasn't given the luxury of solitude to figure them out.

The door opened as Tutu walked in with a brown bag. Tutu was the only homie who came and visited him. Mooda knew Rah was hiding but for Glock to disappear on him didn't sit right with him. Glock and Mooda were like brothers, it bothered him that Glock wasn't here.

"Here a nigga gotchu something to eat," Tutu said as he handed him the bag. Mooda just nodded as he ripped open the Wendy's bag. He didn't complain about its contents as he ate.