Chapter 4

(I will ONLY focus on this book.)

CatNaps heart was pounding a bit fast when he noticed Mommy Long Legs was looking at him as he patted the couch next to her, telling him, to take a seat. "I... I- why. May I ask..?" CatNap said as he walked slowly, very slowly so that he could run if needed. Mommy just giggled from that information, "why, your a very curious cat! Oh.. you haven't changed since Mommy hasn't been around.. haven't you?" CatNap was confused, what was this weird talk, even though he has never talked to Mommy, she sounds so weird, but.. he had to stop being disrespectful and try to be a little nicer, I mean her husband is just standing there.. I think? CatNap gave a small nod as he slowly placed the bag on the end table, he looked in it closely so he doesn't disappoint her and the family. CatNap sighed and sat down. His legs closed together, his arms and hands on his knees as he tried to put all his body on one spot so he wouldn't discomfort anyone. He looked back at Mommy, she scoffed "oh CatNap. Sit comfortable, I just want a little talk with my old baby's.." CatNap sweated a bit as he tried to actually get comfortable, he crossed his legs on the couch and crossed his arms. It was weird because she was acting a bit kinder towards him than her own 'husband'. "Is this alright?" CatNap questioned, she nodded as a yes.

The light on the end table went dimmer, it was a warm red color... The air felt crispy, but yet so nice. It was... Comforting... Mommy broke the silence.

"So, CatNap, how was your morning today.. sweety." Mommy said as she let out a small hand gesture, CatNap thought about it as he moved his tail a bit, he shrugged "I guess it was alright, got a little scared on those slides down here, could of died on one of those slides. Right..?" Mommy gave a slight worried look as she placed her hand on CatNaps. "A-are you alright? And.. yes, picking the wrong slide could of killed you. I did once, I slid down until the end was broken, filled with sharp objects. Luckily my stretchiness helped me grab the ledge of the slide all the way back before I killed myself.." CatNap got a slight chill down his spine, he really almost died, for pancakes. "Be careful next time.. I should really put a sign or something next time." CatNap nodded "yea, you probably should." Mommy smiled with her eyes closed, her head tilted to the left. "So, what brought you here today..?" CatNap gave a small sigh as he grabbed the bag and placed it in front of him, holding onto the bag and showing what's inside. Mommy peaked in a bit, "I brought some pancakes for you guys. I knew something was weird since you got extra pancakes, it was for your... Family..?" Mommy gave a surprised look, "oh right! I guess you haven't met my husband!" Mommy let out a hand out of the couch, into the dark, waiting for someone to hold her hand, a blue hand with yellow features grabbed it, "come on in honey! He won't hurt you! Besides, he's so small and generous!" The faint noise of a sigh was heard, he stepped out the shadows. A long blue guy, with a blue skin instead of pink, a black detective hat, long blue mustache and shiny pink/red eyes.. the yellow features on his clothes, his yellow shoes with long tube socks, yellow gloves, and to top it all off, a yellow bow. He came out slightly worried as he looked at the cat. CatNap was surprised, who was this new guy? He doesn't remember him at all, he never was in the factory, for all he knows.. "This, this is Daddy Long legs. He is my husband." She said as she put both her hands on Daddys hands and pulled him for a hug and a small kiss causing Daddy Long to give a droopy long happy face. "Say hi honey! don't be rude.." Daddy gave a a slight wave as he chuckled awkwardly. "Haha, sorry for the awkwardness CatNap, nice to meet you.." CatNap gave a slight wave as he didn't had really nothing else to say but smile.

Daddy gave a slight look at Mommy, CatNap and the two have been talking a bit. But, something wasn't right, Mommy was acting a bit strange. "Um, sweety?" He said as he placed a hand on Mommy's shoulder. "Yes?" "... Your acting strange. Are you alright..?" CatNap stopped talking as he gave a nervous look, what did he mean? "I'm completely fine! ... Why not we make some coffee for the guest." She got up and walked towards a door way as she walked away, as she walked away, CatNap noticed something, there once bracelets that they used to have looked like flowers. He especially noticed it on Mommy, she had flower features on her, a blue flower holding her hair, pink ones on her wrists, and a yellow one on her hair. Daddy gave a awkward smile, "heh.. sorry about that CatNap.. she gets uh.. personal, sometimes." CatNap shooked his head and smiled. "It's alright! I can get personal to." Daddy gave a light chuckle. "Hah, alright i'll be right back, I have to go help on Mommy a bit. Daddy squirmed off to help out his wife. This was, awkward. But this answered a few questions, one, it was her family, and two, kinda explains the flowers.. but why flowers.. and the most important question. How does she know him so much.. why..? CatNap quickly got off the couch, they also took the bag of pancakes to there kitchen, CatNap ran to the doorway of the kitchen and peaked in. As Daddy grabbed a tray so they can carry all the coffee, Daddy saw CatNap peaking and it startled him causing him to almost drop the tray on the floor. "EEK- CatNap?! I.. sheesh, you startled me." CatNap lowered his ears. "S-sorry.. I do startle some people I guess.. kinda why I'm mostly by myself.." Daddy gave a sad small frown as Mommy looked at Daddy with a serious and slightly disappointed angry look, she looked back at CatNap. "I'm sorry CatNap, I apologize for what Daddy said..." She gave one more look at Daddy and looked back. "He just gets startled easily from appearances." "Yea.. but, may I ask a question?" Mommy nodded with a smile like she's eager for a question. "Oh yes! Ask me anything, I'll try my best to answer them all!" CatNap gave a slight smile. "We-well uhm.. how should we start.. oh yea!"

"Why are there so many flowers at the lobby? There's pinks, and blues and yellows! I don't know what it is but it really suits you! It confuses me a bit though, and I don't see any spider webs. What is it?" Mommy leaned on the counter as she placed her finger on her lip as Daddy just stood there behind Mommy looking at her. "Hm.. well, it all started a few weeks after Player settled at this place and we all made peace.. around May 24st, 2006.."

Player placed a bag of groceries in a kitchen, as all the others were running around outside the kitchen chasing eachother over who gets the last Oreo like stupid siblings. Mommy managed to squeeze out from all the fighting and walked into the kitchen, she opened the bag and started helping Player. "Oh let me help you on those bags!" She started taking the stuff out and putting them all in there places likes she's meant to do this, she stretches her arms all around the room. "Why thank you Mommy, thanks for helping instead of fighting for a Oreo like the others eh..?"  Mommy smiled and placed a pack of chips in the pantry. "Oh yea, those idiots." As player put the milk in the fridge, Mommy grabbed something hard, she pulled it out the bag and looked at it. It was a plant pot, it had a small flower on it. It was just a normal flower but it amazed Mommy. "What is this..?" Mommy looked at Player. "Oh, it's a flower. Why? Does it amaze you?" Mommy gasps "amazes me?! It's.. more than amazing! Ive never seen something so beautiful that's not alive.." Player laughed as he walked up to Mommy and grabbed it. "Oh Mommy, it is alive! It just doesn't move, have eyes, mouths, or limbs like you guys. It's nature!" Mommy was still confused from this all. All this information was weird and amazing! "We-well! I should really talk to Ms Delight and she can teach me more about, 'nature'.." Player smiled, "Keep it, I think you'll take good care of it.." mommy widened her eyes in amazed when Player placed them on her hands carefully. She smiled even wider. "I will!"

"And that's how I started with flowers.. I loved them so much I totally forgot about my webs! That's why I decorated everything flowers! Flowers flowers flowers!" CatNap was surprised, he never knew something so small could change a action or thing from a person, I mean, toy. "W-wow.. you really changed a lot from before!" Mommy countinued to giggle a bit. After a few minutes of her laughter taking away the silence. CatNap said one more thing, something that immediately changed Mommy's face and emotions. "... May I ask, how do you know me..?" Mommy countinued to laugh but it slowly turned into low laughs, than into small tears.. Daddy immediately hugged Mommy, "sweety, sweety, are you okay?!" Her laughs were silent. She stopped, and slowly lowered to the floor.. she changed so quick in such little time.. "i-im sorry! I didn't mean to I-" Mommy cutted off CatNap, "no.. you don't need to apologize, ... I have to tell you.. since, I haven't seen you in.. Years... "

"What do you mean.. years...? Mommy, what does that mean.."