3

"Sorry about Redwing." Bucky said to Sam, thinking back to when one of the super soldiers pulled Redwing apart.

"No you're not." Sam shot back, as we walked down a long road. All around us were fields of green grass and brown dirt.

It was silent for a moment. Sam looked over at me, who was in the middle of the two. "What's going on in that big genius brain of yours?"

I glared back at Sam, then he looked at Buck. "What about you big 'ol cyborg."

Bucky looked at Sam. "It's computing." Bucky replied, before peering down at me, then back at the road ahead. Sam chuckled.

"You know what? I can actually see it. I can see the gears turning." Sam joked, causing me to chuckle as well. Bucky just continued staring forward, unfazed.

"Oh, they're malfunctioning, shutting down—Yep? They're on fire." Sam continued the joke.

Bucky was silent.

"We gotta figure out where the serum is coming from." I advised. "And how in the hell after 80 years, they were able to recreate it, and make eight new super soldiers. Or more."

The boys nodded in agreement.

Suddenly, a car pulled up beside us. John Walker and his friends were in the car. They honked their horn.

"So that didn't go as planned, huh?" John joked as the car stopped a few yards ahead of us. We continued walking, not even batting an eye to look at him.

"Okay.." John mumbled as they stopped the car and opened the door to see if we wanted in. We kept walking. "Uhm.. keep going."

"Look, at least we know what we're up against now, huh?" John added optimistically. I scoffed, and looked over at Bucky. Bucky was already looking down at me, although he just instantly looked forward again.

"And we're pretty sure it's one of the Big Three, so—" Walker began.

"Aliens, androids, or wizards?" Sam confirmed. Walker nodded, and Sam looked over at me and Bucky with a smirk.

"There's no such thing as wizards." Bucky piped up. Walker nodded, "Then he's aliens, or androids.."

"Or super soldiers." I added, looking over at the two.

"Shit. Super soldiers, for real?" Walkers friends clarified. I nodded, and bit my lip softly.

Walker looked shocked. "Wow. All right, well then we got to work together." He told us.

"Thats not happening." Bucky stated, not even looking over at the new men. Me and Sam simultaneously looked over at Bucky.

"I think we stand a much better chance if we all just—"

"Just because you carry that shield doesn't mean you're Captain America." Bucky said to John, cutting him off.

"Look, I've done the work, okay?" John told us, raising his eyebrows. He was trying to prove an unprovable point.

"You ever jump on top of a grenade?" Bucky asked, anger rising in his voice.

"Yeah I have, actually. Four times." John tells us. I scoff, and shake my head. He doesn't get it. "It's a thing I do with my helmet..It's a reinforced helmet. It's a long story, but anyways—Look, it's 20 miles to the airport. You guys need a ride."

The car stopped a little bit ahead of us. My legs ached, so I peered over at Bucky and Sam. Bucky sighed and followed me and Sam into the car.

"Okay." John started. "So we've got eight super soldiers on a bulk supply run. Why?"