5

We were now in Berlin, Germany. We had taken one of my private planes here, which made traveling much easier.

We were in the containment area for criminals, walking down a long hallway, plastered in white, peeling wallpaper.

"He's just through that corridor." The guard, wearing an embroidered, officer uniform told us in his heavy German accent.

"Alright, give us a sec." Bucky grumbled to the guard, nodding his head. I took in a shaken breath, then faced the end of the hall, where Zemo's quarters were.

Bucky looked down at me, "I'm gonna go in alone." I raised my eyebrows. "Why?" I asked.

"Well because you're a Stark, and he's an Avengers." Bucky said to us. "You know how he feels about that."

"It's not like you two were known for frolickin' in the sun together." Sam argued, putting his hands on his hips like a sassy child.

"He was obsessed with HYDRA. We have a history together, trust me. I got it." Bucky argued back.

I nodded and advised Bucky to be careful. Sam was just still grumpy about the situation.

==•==

"What are you talking about you wanna break Zemo out of jail? Have you lost your mind!?" Sam asked/shouted.

"Sam, unless you want the entire prison to know we are in an unauthorized area—shut up!" I whisper/yelled. "And I'm sure Buck has got this handled, right?" I asked, facing Bucky.

He shrugged. "We have no leads, no moves, nothing." Buck added, peering over at me, like he wanted my approval. Something he normally did.

"What we have is one of the dangerous men in the world behind bars." Sam argued, not liking the idea one bit.

I didn't really care. I hated Zemo when I thought he had killed my parents. Although he didn't, and it ended up behind the Winter Soldier, I still kinda did. (Side note, I did forgive Bucky. It wasn't exactly him who did the killing, it was the other version of him.)

"We also have eight Super Soldiers that are loose." I said, taking Bucks side. Sam gave me a look, then continued on his rant.

"Zemos gonna mess with our minds. Especially yours," he said looking at Bucky, "no offense."

I finally spotted what we were looking for, a light switch. I switched it on, and handed my flashlight to Bucky. He took it and placed it in his leather pocket.

"Offense." Bucky mumbled, looking around the now, illuminated room. It had a single black car. Surrounding it was many tool cabinets—to put it in short, it was a seeming workshop.

"Super soldiers go against everything he believes in. He is crazy, but he still has a code." Bucky said, handing the two flashlights to Sam, who stuffed them in his jacket. Bucky began to wander around the room, similar to me.

"I've been on the wrong side of that code and so have you. He blew up the UN, he killed King T'Chaka, and framed you for it. Did you forget that? You think the Wakandans forgot about it? Rhetorical question, they didn't!"

"Sam.." I mumbled softly. Yet, he continued.

"I know why this matters to you. But it's pushing you off the deep end." Sam finished, facing us.

I sighed. "Sam, we don't know how they're getting the serum. We don't even know how many of them there are." I said calmly. Although Bucky was getting frustrated.

"Let me walk you through a hypothetical, Sam. Can I?" Bucky asked stepping forward.

"What did you do?" Me and Sam asked in unison.