4

They took Bucky took the nearest police station, and placed in him in a dirty ass cell. Me and Sam were waiting in the lobby.

A woman with dark brown hair and wrinkled skin approached us. "Sam, Y/n, I've heard a lot about you two. I'm Dr. Raynor. James's therapist."

I smiled and stood up, and shook the woman's hand. "It's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." Dr. Raynor replied to me. Sam did the same as I, and shook her hand.

"Thanks for getting him out." Sam thanked to Bucks therapist. She sighed, "That wasn't me." She then motioned to our left.

I looked to the side of us, and saw John Walker taking selfies with a bunch of middle aged adults. "Christina!" John called. "It's great to see you again!"

"You gotta be kidding me." I muttered. Turns out John had gotten Bucky out, and not his therapist.
"You know him?" I asked.

"Yeah, we did some field ops back in the day." She enlightened us. I raised my eyebrows slightly, and looked back at John.

John stepped forward. "I heard you were working with Bucky, so I thought I'd step in." He told. "Bucky's not gonna need following a strict schedule any longer."

"We haven't finished our work. Who authorized this?" The doctor asked.

John motioned towards himself. "Uhm.. I did."

I smiled softly, that was nice-ish. Maybe John wasn't too bad. A small buzzing sound could be heard from the corner of the lobby. Bucky was escorted out two double doors, with police officers attached to his hip.

"He's too valuable of an asset to have tied up." John admitted. "Just do whatever you got to do with him, then send him off to me. Got some unfinished business him and I. You too Stark and Wilson."

I rolled my eyes nonchalantly, and watched as John turned around towards the exit. "I'll be outside."

I looked over at Bucky, to see him staring at me. I smiled softly, which he returned bitterly. Clearly not happy with the situation he was in.

"James, condition of your release session now. You too." The doctor said to us, then looking at me and Sam, saying we needed to join them.

I nodded and followed the doctor.

"That's okay, I'll be out here with Y/n—"

"That wasn't a request." The doctor ordered, as she walked into a small hall, which led to one of the interrogation rooms.

Once we got into the dimly lit room, the doctor sat across from three chairs, which had obviously
been set up for us.

I sat in the middle of the two. Bucky on my right, Sam on my left. Dr. Raynor set her clipboard upon the table, and sighed.

"So," She began, "who would like to start?" It was silent. Sam leaned back in his chair, annoyed. Bucky was stiff like a deer in headlights. I was the only normal one.

"Alright, look, Dr. Raynor?" Sam said breaking the silence. "I get why you want me to talk to Freaky Magoo and genius over here, but I'm 100% fine."

"So am I." I added, crossing my arms. The therapist looked at me. "Oh, I know you are. I just needed you here so these two don't start fist-fighting. But it's my job, Sam, to make sure that you're okay."

I smirked softly. "And so, yeah, this may be slightly unprofessional, but it's the only way I can see if you're getting over whatever's eating at you." Dr. Raynor told us.

I glanced over at Bucky, who was looking down,

"This is ridiculous." Sam mumbled. And for once, Bucky agreed. "Yeah, I agree."