|02| manic monday

When Riley walked into school that morning she wasn't expecting the students to be buzzing about with gossip so early in the morning, especially not on their first day

The constant chatter helped her put the story together and apparently, Josie and PJ had beat up Jeff last night. Riley didn't believe it, she knew those girls better than the other students and there was no way in hell that they had enough balls to get near Jeff, especially if it involved Isabel.

If it was true, Jeff deserved it for many reasons but mainly for being a dickhead and for cheating on Isabel a number of times. The poor girl definitely had Stockholm syndrome or something because staying with a meathead after knowing he cheated on you with your sister is another level of sad.

Entering first period, she nodded her head towards her cheer mates and sat in her seat beside PJ. She turned around to see if Jeff and his posse were there already but sadly he wasn't yet. She sighed heavily, and quickly glanced over towards Hazel's seat.

"Hi Riley." Hazel said kindly, sliding into her seat.

"Hi Hazel."

When the bell rang, everyone turned to look at Josie and PJ who gave confused looks and awkwardly made they're way into their seat.

"Holy shit, are you guys okay?" Hazel asked the pair, her eyes darting between the two.

"Why wouldn't we be?" PJ asked, she took a quick glace at the flyer on her desk and crumpled it into a ball.

"Hey! The prep club worked really hard on those. That belongs to the school." Annie said, offended.

As Mr. G continued to talk about...whatever subject, Riley took the liberty to inspect PJ but she didn't look harmed in any way and her hands weren't bruised. Riley slumped over in disappointment, she knew it was too good to be true.

Jeff, who wasn't a stranger to making a dramatic entrance, hobbled into the classroom, crutches under his arm. Maybe they did hurt him or maybe he tripped and didn't want to be humiliated so he conjured up an elaborate story that would make him look like the innocent guy. It's not like he hasn't done it before.

Riley frowned at the way he made his way around the classroom, grunting and panting like a wounded animal. "What the fuck?" she turned to PJ who shrugged helplessly.

"Oh my god, Annie, they went to juvie!" Hazel cried out. "That's how, okay?" she said exasperatedly. Riley was about to ask Hazel what was going on when glass broke in the back of the classroom making the students gasp.

"God damn it, Jeff!" Mr. G threw his hands in the air, "What the fuck? Hey you couldn't make that analogy with your fists?" he asked, when Jeff threatened to cut Josie's throat open. Riley rolled her eyes at his tantrum.

"Hello, this is Principle Meyers with an important Huntington update." Riley couldn't believe the amount of chaos that was happening. "So, listen to this girl."