|08| violet, blue, green, red

Riley sat beside Hazel's bed

Riley sat beside Hazel's bed. She still had on her cheer outfit, Hazel's blood was splattered all over it but she didn't care. All she wanted was for her girlfriend to wake up. She needed to make sure she was okay. Her face was clean of blood so she would see that her nose was severely broken from the curb stomp. Her eyes were painted purple and it spread around her nose that was bandaged up.

Riley had cried, she had cried in the bathroom when she was alone because had never felt so overwhelmed with emotions that she couldn't do anything but cry.

Mrs. Callahan, who had her moments, kindly offered Riley to spend the night which she was grateful for but she knew she was going to stay anyway.

Riley didn't want to seem selfish but she was hurt that Hazel hadn't said anything to her about what she planned to do. She understood that maybe Hazel was embarrassed about what PJ had said yesterday but it still felt shitty.

Much later, Hazel finally woke up, she groaned in pain and Riley shot up from her seat. "Haze?" she said quietly, not wanting to scare her.

Hazel tried to open her eyes but failed, she cringed at the pain her face was in. "Riley." she sighed, swallowing thickly. Riley helped her sit up and handed her a glass of water. Hazel took it eagerly, gulping down the water and gladly took the pain medicine that the blonde handed her.

"Oh, Hazel." Riley sniffed, she moved the hair that was on Hazel's eyes and grimaced at her injuries. "What happened, why did you talk to Tim?"

Hazel looked away, "it was stupid of me." she sighed, "I was just so mad. I mean, come on Riley, you heard what she said. Tim told me that I would fight PJ, but I'm a fucking idiot and believed him."

Hazel whined when she felt her busted lip, she looked at Riley, and her eyes took her in. "Would you be mad if I said you look really hot right now?"

Riley frowned and her lip wobbled. She covered her face and muffled her sobs. Hazel was startled by her sudden tears, "Oh you look...so bad?" Hazel said uncomfortably. Riley looked at her and more tears poured down her face.

"Hazel, why didn't you just talk to me? I looked for you all day yesterday and you completely disappeared. Then when I actually see you again I thought you died! You were bleeding out, unmoving. What–what was I supposed to do if you didn't wake up?" She took in breaths to calm herself.

Hazel grabbed her hand and squeezed it tightly. "I'm okay now. Look, Riley, I'm breathing." she took on a dramatic breath causing Riley to laugh at her action.

Hazel gave a small smile, "I was being serious... about the outfit."

Riley rolled her eyes and moved to sit next to her on the bed. "Thank you." she sniffed, whipping her eyes again. She would be mesmerized if her makeup was still on correctly. "I really wanna kiss you."